How to trigger the same event when different conditions are met

Hobbes83
Go to solution Solved by razo+r,

Hey everyone!

I try to explain my problem I am unable to solve. I am building a mission with different targets. And when a target gets destroyed, a sound shall be played to everyone.

That by itself isn't my problem. But I have multiple targets and everytime one of those gets destroyed, the same sound has to be played. I could create a trigger like this:

Trigger (Once) => Condition (Unit 1 dead) => play sound

This works, but this would mean I would have to create that trigger for every target. And I am sure, there is a solution that goes somewhat like this:

Trigger (Once?/Continiusly?) => Condition (Unit 1 dead) or (Unit 2 dead) or (Unit 3 dead).... => play sound 

Well, with this kind of trigger in type ONCE it will only happens once, whenenever one of the targets under the condition is destroyed. With the trigger type CONTINOUSLY it will play forever again, because one of the units under the condition tab is allways dead. But I need something that triggers again the same action (play sound) when another target gets killed.

I tried with flags, but my idea was when one units gets killed, it sets flag und that triggers the sound and resets another flag which will be in the condition list of the first (unit killed) trigger. But than again the condition will also be met as well forever because: one of the units in the list is dead and the trigger is reset. 

So I am only able to get the event happening once or in an infinite loop. And I cannot come up with an solution other than building dozen of triggers for each unit. I hope someone can help me out with this.

THANKS!

Edited by Hobbes83

• Solution

You cannot avoid multiple triggers for what you want to achieve. 

Luckily there is a copy button so setting up multiple unit dead - play sound is quick to set up. 

As an alternative, you could use scripts. I don't know which one anymore but there is one around that playes specific sounds at each event (e.g. Fox 2,Pickle, kills etc.) 

2 minutes ago, razo+r said:

You cannot avoid multiple triggers for what you want to achieve. 

Luckily there is a copy button so setting up multiple unit dead - play sound is quick to set up. 

As an alternative, you could use scripts. I don't know which one anymore but there is one around that playes specific sounds at each event (e.g. Fox 2,Pickle, kills etc.) 

Wow, thanks for your quick response. Well I am a noob when it comes to scripts and so I will have to set triggers for all of them. I bet I will get confused at some point and miss one or more units 🤪

@Hobbes83If it were me trying to action your scenario, I would set it up as per the attached mission example. For me personally, it seems the most simplistic and easy to replicate using the trigger clone process. Some may not agree but see what you think and I hope it helps. Cheers.

TESTMULTIPLEUNITSOUNDDEATH.miz

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]