Winwing throttle 4 times in my settings-options-controls-

Go to solution Solved by Insonia,

I did a firmware update to my winwing and ended up with 4 columns of throttle in my controller assignment page and can't get rid of the three extras.

I have done a lot of things to try to eliminate, in steam  did integrity check, no change.

Deleted "disable lua" file in "config - input" which shows three throttles20231215093054_3.jpg  It just always comes back.

tried rescan devices, plugged and un-plugged usb connection, deleted fxo and reshaders

Any help appreciated.

Question - if i "uninstall" DCS from steam, do i lose all my MODS, hours, medals etc  (I hate steam but) and can it be re-installed and would it change anything

I-9 12900K, RTX 3090, 64 GB, 2TB SSD, Oculus Quest 2, Win 11, Winwing Orion F-16EX Stick, F-18 dual throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals.

• Solution

gEniaxa.png

Direct input API only supports 8 axis per device. supports up to 128 buttons per device. But a lot of games can only recognize 32 per device.

It's a Microsoft thing, Users or OEM cant do too much about it. When it has too many axis and buttons, it must be separated. Or it has to lose functionalities.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/desktop/ee416842(v=vs.85)

Winwing seems to be made specifically with DCS in mind, but aside from DCS so few games have full Dinput support. Most games only support 32 buttons. so for compatible reasons. It changed to 4X32 mode by default. If you only play DCS and IL2 etc.. you can switch it back to single mode via their software.

• Thanks 1

Thank you.  I knew it had something to do with the 4x32.  Finally got a repair for the Microsoft problem and then was able to bring up the throttle in simpro app and change it back from the 4x32

I-9 12900K, RTX 3090, 64 GB, 2TB SSD, Oculus Quest 2, Win 11, Winwing Orion F-16EX Stick, F-18 dual throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals.

• 1 month later...