Constant FPS Spikes / Stuttering Since 2.9

Ace5

I've been Experiencing this issue Since 2.9 without Success so here is what I've tried

1: Bought an Entire New PC (Ryzen 7 7700, 32gb DDR5 6000mhz, RTX 4060 ti ON Windows 11) At the time my OLD pc was also having issues on 2.9 that Didn't have issues on 2.8 (Ryzen 5 2600, 32gb DDR4 3200MHZ, GTX 1660 super on Windows 10)

2: Tried Core Unparking, Disabling Certain Cores, Windows Tweaks along with Registry, Reformatted Windows 11 2 times, 60GB PageFile and Device Manager tweaks.

I've Tried Graphics on all low along with high with the same results. My Performance was very smooth in 2.8 but as soon as 2.9 released is when it all started happening

DxDiag.txt dcs.log

DCS Stutter.png

Edited by Ace5
Adding PC Specs
  • Like 2

well what are your settings at. but if you look at the graph it states GPU Bound. that is a lower end card. Not sure but Please post your DCS Settings..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4-AC / Intel i7 11700K @ 5.0Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVME 2TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar  / Buttkicker Gamer 2

2 hours ago, The_Nephilim said:

well what are your settings at. but if you look at the graph it states GPU Bound. that is a lower end card. Not sure but Please post your DCS Settings..

Settings are at high, medium and low. I've tried all Low with the same results and it'll always say CPU or GPU bound no matter what also I'm getting 100+ FPS which isn't the issue about being able to run the game its the stuttering/FPS Spikes.

Edited by Ace5

well in your screenshot is says 78FPS?? I loaded up the F16 mission on the tarmac and noticed the graph looks similiar but everything seemed smooth.. are you getting actual stutters in the game or only in the graph??

You running a monitor or VR did you try it without VSync? I am wondering which mission you are using there? I will try and run 2.8 and see what happens..

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4-AC / Intel i7 11700K @ 5.0Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVME 2TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar  / Buttkicker Gamer 2

1 hour ago, The_Nephilim said:

well in your screenshot is says 78FPS?? I loaded up the F16 mission on the tarmac and noticed the graph looks similiar but everything seemed smooth.. are you getting actual stutters in the game or only in the graph??

You running a monitor or VR did you try it without VSync? I am wondering which mission you are using there? I will try and run 2.8 and see what happens..

The 78 FPS Was during a Stutter/FPS Spike and that is still great FPS for a flight sim but I've also seen my FPS go to 140+ on the ground in a multiplayer server. I'm 100% experiencing the Stuttering along with plenty of other people but I'm in 2d and Tried VSync on and off with no change in smoothness.

well I understand many people are having this issue but I was just trying to determine do you see the spikes as a stutter during gaming or just in the Graph??

I just ran 2.8 and it is only ST but it seemed to have spikes as well.. but did not seem as deep in the graph..

I am resetting back too 2.9 and I will try the ST.exe and see if it does better or worse then MT.exe..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The_Nephilim said:

well I understand many people are having this issue but I was just trying to determine do you see the spikes as a stutter during gaming or just in the Graph??

I just ran 2.8 and it is only ST but it seemed to have spikes as well.. but did not seem as deep in the graph..

I am resetting back too 2.9 and I will try the ST.exe and see if it does better or worse then MT.exe..

Oh yeah The stutters are very visible and feelable to the point where I Cant fly low level because I'll crash into the ground.

Early parts of 2.8 I was stuttering but few months at the end of 2.8 It was the most Smooth DCS has ever been for me.

IS the Stutter in a MP server or do you fly singleplayer only? Also can you post a trk file with the F16 for a few minute flight and see if I get the stutter? might point to your PC issue or maybe the server??

And I am sorry to be the bearer of Bad news but that 4060ti was made for 1080P resolutions. if you are playing higher then that you will have issues.. 

Edited by The_Nephilim