AG TOO Workflow

Grubenstein
Go to solution Solved by razo+r,

Currently if I am attacking targets of opportunity. I will enter mark point mode and use the HMCS to put a mark point down near a target and create and st point. The slave the TGP to the steerpoint. Then slew to fine tune and point track a target.

Is this the quickens most efficient workload. Or can you slave the tgp to the HMCS straight away like the Hornet and put a SPI down near a target immediately slave the TGP to this?

Thanks

• Solution

Well, there are many ways to achieve it.

If you have coordinates, inputting those is the quickest and most efficient way to do it.

You can also just put the TGP or FCR into SP mode, roughly point your nose towards the target and adjust from there. Or you can use the markpoint method that you described.

If you use weapons, you can just go into BORE/VIS mode and do it that way, or use DTOS mode to quickly designate the target with the HUD. This way you'll avoid additional workload by creating a markpoint.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2023 at 9:41 PM, Grubenstein said:

can you slave the tgp to the HMCS straight away like the Hornet and put a SPI down near a target immediately slave the TGP to this?

Yes, but you have to set your weapon to VIS mode then the TGP will follow it and look where you mark.

1. Ensure SMS WPN is in VIS mode

2. DMS up to take SOI away from the MFDs (set the HUD as SOI)

3. TMS up long to set the HMCS as SOI, if it doesn't work then TMS aft first to clear any designation

4. HMCS point at the target & TMS up to ground stabilise the SPI, then TMS up again.

After stabilising you can change SOI to TGP and get more precise.

However AFTER that TGP work: to slave an actual a weapon on it, you need to push MARK on the ICP and save it as a markpoint, then change the weapon to PRE mode and it will slave to the markpoint

Edited by TAIPAN_
  • Like 1

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods