New Quest 2 Headset...now what?

aleader

vor 2 Stunden schrieb aleader:

I download the open beta, it puts an icon on the desktop, I double-click it.

Hmm...well...yeah...and that simply is a shortcut to the dcs_updater.exe...

vor 2 Stunden schrieb aleader:

You seem fixated on this shortcut thing.

I don`t know where that comes from when I explicitly said, that you don`t have to run seperate shortcuts a few posts above. 

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

4 hours ago, Phantom711 said:

Hmm...well...yeah...and that simply is a shortcut to the dcs_updater.exe...

I don`t know where that comes from when I explicitly said, that you don`t have to run seperate shortcuts a few posts above. 

No kidding that you need at least one shortcut to run the game...that's pretty obvious 🙄.  You said that it isn't a big hassle to have separate shortcuts and also explicitly said that you didn't know if they were required.  I'm simply clarifying for anyone interested (as there is obviously still confusion) that you do not in fact need to make any other shortcuts other than the one the game automatically installs.

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

8 hours ago, aleader said:

I'm simply clarifying for anyone interested (as there is obviously still confusion) that you do not in fact need to make any other shortcuts other than the one the game automatically installs.

That's not entirely true. You can't run ST and MT versions of the game from the same single shortcut. It doesn't give you the option to do so.

Same goes for VR and non VR mode. You don't have the option to set either VR or 2D when running by the means of the installed shortcut.
If the game was previously ran and closed in VR mode and you want it to run in 2D, with only one shortcut you need to start the game which will launch in VR. You then need to unselect VR and by confirmation, the game will close and re-open in 2D.

You can overcome these "smaller" problems by using multiple shortcuts.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

9 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

That's not entirely true. You can't run ST and MT versions of the game from the same single shortcut. It doesn't give you the option to do so.

Same goes for VR and non VR mode. You don't have the option to set either VR or 2D when running by the means of the installed shortcut.
If the game was previously ran and closed in VR mode and you want it to run in 2D, with only one shortcut you need to start the game which will launch in VR. You then need to unselect VR and by confirmation, the game will close and re-open in 2D.

You can overcome these "smaller" problems by using multiple shortcuts.

Yah, I get all that.  All I was originally asking though was if I was in the MT version by default.  I'm not sure why anyone would want to run in ST now?

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

I still do for VR, to run it smooth i need to activate Turbo mode through the OpenXR Toolkit when in MT but this creates a little but visible lag when turning my head quickly. I don't have that in ST.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!