Better FCR, Damages Model and Possibility to load AND save Waypoint/Hazard/CM/Target

FlankerD

Hello ED,

This message is dedicated to the AH-64D because this is a long awaited module (I used to play Longbow 1 & 2 on 3DFx Glide Video Card) but the wishes are true for all DCS Modules.

The FCR even with its legitimate limitation should not be able to tell the difference between a military or civilian vehicle and should detect both. I know it's in an early development state but compared to the F-15E which is also early access, there's a real gap in the development detail on the radar front.

My second wish is about the almost non existent damage model : It's unfortunately always either 0 or 1. No matter if the aircraft have redundancy or what size of explosive it was hit with.
History show us that many pilots brought back their aircraft after taking serious damages.
Please, try to improve this aspect of the simulation.

My last wish, because I have to stop somewhere, is about the already annunciated Data Transfer Module and I really hope this will be done as a two way system as it is IRL.
Imagine a 2 hour missions in the AH-64D, Kiowa or AH-1Z Viper flying NOE just to recon the Terrain/Hazards/Good Battle Positions and Targets in order to plan a future coordinated strike. It would be a real shame to loose all that data at the end of the mission because this possibility wasn't modeled.
I know the IDM give a possibility to transfer those data but only to other already flying Apache.

I could add jamming burn through range or maybe too easy STT lock break particularly when below the target but I know those are classified and not easy to tune.

Please, just think about it and forgive my English which is far from perfect.

Thanks for your work and Happy New Year 2024.

Edited by FlankerD
Typo

The one and only ... "Flanker-D" :doh:

Asus Rampage III Extreme, I7 980x, 6Gb Corsair DDR1866Mhz, 2*580GTX SLI, SB X-Fi Titanium, SSD OCZ & HDD WD Raptor 10kt/mn

Hotas Cougar & Warthog + CH P. Pro Pedals & Track-IR 4

• ED Team
1 hour ago, FlankerD said:

The FCR even with its legitimate limitation should not be able to tell the difference between a military or civilian vehicle and should detect both. I know it's in an early development state but compared to the F-15E which is also early access, there's a real gap in the development detail on the radar front.

It is worth noting that the FCR in the DCS AH-64D module already cannot detect the difference between military and civilian units. If you were to place a civilian truck on the ground next to a military truck, the FCR will indeed display them both as wheeled vehicle symbols in the cockpit.

If you are asking why the FCR does not detect the randomly generated "civilian traffic" when enabled in the mission options, this is because the "civilian traffic" is part of the scenery layer of the map itself and are not actual unit entities in DCS. As for the F-15E, it is my understanding that the module's radar simulation procedurally generates these radar contacts on the radar along the road networks of the map, based on the civilian traffic setting in the mission.

1 hour ago, FlankerD said:

My second wish is about the almost non existent damage model

The module is still in early access, with more features and refinements that are planned down the road. You will need to be patient.

• Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Hello and thanks for your reply,

I learned something new about the F-15E but those little touch and details give the radar "life" and a reason for the WSO to exist.

The problem about not scanning "scenery layer" is that (for example) the FCR can detect flying helicopter but can't static ones on the ground 1 mile away on open terrain.

It doesn't really make sense.

I just hope that the next radar modes will fix those kind of issue and give an alternative to directly target or slave the TADS on any object logically seen by the Radar.
I think the FCR with a max. area to scan of only 
20 square Nm(5Nm and 90°) with millimeters wavelengths should get a really good picture of the ground and units on it.

I think that you get the idea, again the Apache Module is a long awaited one but I almost already have all the others modules and did support you for years.

And about being patient, I am since 15(+) Years at least for the Damage Model on every DCS modules, a Dynamic Campaign and maybe a little less longer for a working DTC Module 

Thanks again for reading and, I hope transmitting.

Best Regards,

• Like 2

The one and only ... "Flanker-D" :doh:

Asus Rampage III Extreme, I7 980x, 6Gb Corsair DDR1866Mhz, 2*580GTX SLI, SB X-Fi Titanium, SSD OCZ & HDD WD Raptor 10kt/mn

Hotas Cougar & Warthog + CH P. Pro Pedals & Track-IR 4

• 2 weeks later...