time weather setup at mission start.

• 1 month later...

I'm guessing you mean in-game and not in the mission editor... So the quick answer to this is no not really.  The weather and date/time is stored in the mission *.miz file so the only way would be to unpack the mission file after start, edit the values in the lua somehow, save it and then reload the mission, defeats the point somewhat and is ugly.....

• Thanks 1

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

• 1 month later...

I remember there was the change proposal to make it possible to set the weather conditions and time at the mission load on the server, but I don't think it was escalated any further.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

• 3 weeks later...

You can in a way. You would need to make a mission for each weather and time you want to have. Then add a radio (F10) flag change. For each flag number change you link a Mission start. point each start to your mission files. Then in any mission if you want to change time/weather you just call it up. I only have a few min before work. I can go into more after work with slides. 

Your question peeked my interest so I just wiped up a quick on using a few missions id done. All with the same basic layout but with day night and winter. Worked fine. was able to quick load each one.

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

This is one way to get the multiple time and weather option for a mission. In reality your making 4 missions and linking them all together. Id make the day mission first. Get it set like I want. Then Change time/weather/date and save as under new name. Once you have all that you go back in and point each F10 menu to the matching mission. I throw all the mission into the same folder. 

Edited by RUNEofORM