Mod Request for Sabre (Carrier Hook)

BalticDude

Could someone please make a mod for the Sabre that adds functionality for carrier hook? There already exists such a mod for MiG-29 FC3 which doesn't add a model for the hook, but allows it to land on carriers which passes IC. I want to pretend to fly FJ-2/3M and take-off from/land on carriers. I don't mind if it doesn't pass IC, I just hope someone can make it since we have so many FJ-2/3M skins. Thanks!

Edited by BalticDude

• BalticDude changed the title to Mod Request for Sabre (Carrier Hook)

There is a ED mod which is supposed to allow just this!

it works with most of the other aircraft,

Including the M2000,

F-5

And all the Warbirds.

But I tried it with the Sabre, and there was no joy.

Perhaps you may have better luck?

See this thread.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

23 hours ago, Hawkeye60 said:

There is a ED mod which is supposed to allow just this!

it works with most of the other aircraft,

Including the M2000,

F-5

And all the Warbirds.

But I tried it with the Sabre, and there was no joy.

Perhaps you may have better luck?

See this thread.

Thanks so much for this! I figured out how to make it work for all aircraft but I need to ask you. How did you install the mod? Do you place the file into: C:\Users\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\Carrier Based Aircraft ? Please let me know and I will test and if it works, post the file here for all to download!

Yes.

It is a saved games install location

A single entry lua is all that is needed.

I hope you are successful!

Looking forward to Carrier launches!

Some points to consider.

If you manage to get her on deck,

The ai will not take off.

A bug introduced with 2.9

Ed are aware of the issue.

We  hope for a prompt fix.

You should be able to take off as player

But there is no real hook, or connector.

So landing may be a challenge!

Easy on the brakes

do a slow approach.

I await for My Carrier missions!

And crashes!

Edited by Hawkeye60

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

17 hours ago, Hawkeye60 said:

Yes.

It is a saved games install location

A single entry lua is all that is needed.

I hope you are successful!

Looking forward to Carrier launches!

Some points to consider.

If you manage to get her on deck,

The ai will not take off.

A bug introduced with 2.9

Ed are aware of the issue.

We  hope for a prompt fix.

You should be able to take off as player

But there is no real hook, or connector.

So landing may be a challenge!

Easy on the brakes

do a slow approach.

I await for My Carrier missions!

And crashes!

I was hoping it would allow for an invisible hook for landing. That's what I'm looking for. Does this mod allow you to take off of what carrier and how? Supercarrier?

Any carrier.

With or without cats or wires.

I know of no "invisible Hook"

Someone did a similar thing with the FC3 F-15

I seem to remember a discussion about this hook you refer to.

Do not remember the outcome of that discussion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 10:57 PM, BalticDude said:

Okay well either way, this one should work. Tell me how it works and if you can land on a carrier or not. If not then it's a waste I guess.

Eagle_Dynamics_Carrier_Based_aircraft_V2.0.rar 947 B · 2 downloads

Any word back from anyone on whether this works?/ I'm also interested in Sabre carrier ops. My Pops flew FJ-4's, this would be close enough for me!!

• Like 2