Manually Raise the Pilot Seat?

Kageseigi

I'm curious, it there a way to manually raise the pilot's seat (as it is in landing/takeoff mode) without dropping the gear?

I believe there is the option to remove the raised position altogether, so maybe there is an option to leave it there or manually adjust it also?

Thank you! 🙂

Hi, I don't have DCS here, so I can't be 100% sure, but check the Controls menu for the Sabre - perhaps there are bindings for manaual seat up/down? If not, you can always use... I think it's called Cockpit Camera Up, Down, Center. These are generic controls available for all aircraft, so you can use it in the Sabre as well.

Yes, that "auto raise seat on gear down" function (can't remember how it's called exactly) can be enabled/disabled in the "Special" menu for the Sabre.

• Like 2

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

The camera controls are vital for gunnery in high g maneuvers. I ALWAYS push my camera up several clicks so I can see over the nose. This helps a bunch in deflection shooting in turns and in the vertical. In fact, I usually ignore the reticle and use tracers arc (rope a dope) and hit sprites to track my target. I have the index finger stick on my old TM Cougar throttle set to move the camera up and down. It works great. You will find that MiGs will climb away as soon as you get in the saddle behind them in recent AI. I have not fully updated because I want to keep my shell mods for muzzle velocity, bullet life and effective range. These mods help a bunch to and give a little more realism back to the historical reach and accuracy advantage the Sabre had with 50 cals instead of cannons. Especially in high g turns. Incidentally, check on your g suit settings in the Luas for Sabres and Migs. Should not exist in Mig 15s or be significantly less than 1.0 . Interesting finds there too. Case in point, old Mig 19 lua, since been fixed. It was outrageous.

Edited by Squiffy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

Enable snapviews in misc. options and then use keypad to move and save new cam position. Details here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Interesting, thank you, guys!

A snap view seems like it could get me close to what I need, but I believe it locks the view in place, overriding Track IR. Is there a way to allow headtracking to still work with a snap view?

I do like its simplicity, being able to toggle back and forth between two specific views with a button press, but the tracking is rather important.

P.S. Oh, and I don't believe I stated the purpose for the question in the original post. It is to be able to change views when needed... a low view for normal flight operations, and a high view for dogfighting (as Squiffy spoke of). Since the seat already moves up and down in the Sabre, it seemed like the simplest method of achieving my goal. 

Edited by Kageseigi

Sorry, I didn't understand your goal. AFAIK the answer is "no, you can't", these special viewpoint-shifting commands are probably hardcoded in the guts of the module, but - depending on your hardware - you can work around it quite reasonably. In my case it works like this:

1. I always use the joystick hat most convenient to my thumb for zoom in/out slow. I would do that before DCS was the thing, on my CH Combatstick, and today I still do it the same way in DCS on Thrustmaster Warthog stick (for me it's the TMS hat).

2. In modules where I need to shift the view up/down (for dogfighting and/or AAR), I use the pinky paddle as a "modifier" and the same directions on the hat (with modifier depressed) as "cockpit camera move up/down". Not all modules in DCS are well suited to do it this way, but the Sabre is. So - "modifier + TMS hat up" = "cockpit camera move up"; "modifier + TMS hat down" = "cockpit camera move down".

3. Some folks don't need it, but I feel I can't live without recentering (I think it's just a mental issue on my part 😉 ), so I also use the hat right direction for zoom center and modifier + hat right for cockpit camera center.

Perhaps something like that would also work for you? Anyway, to the best of my limited knowledge, "cockpit camera move up/down" seems to be the only thing you can use.

Edited by scoobie
  • Thanks 1

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box