Update: Target Script Editor and Windows 11 Pro

Lange_666

I have 2 issues with Windows 11 and Target Script Editor:

Bit of history first:

Windows 10 Pro and Target Script Editor:
- When opening Target Script Editor the edge of edit window sits on the left, close to the file window. This is like it should be.
- Stopping a script takes max 1 second.

Now Windows 11 Pro:
I first updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and Target Script Editor behaved a bit different.
- When opening Target Script Editor the edge of edit window sits on the right and is small making the file window very big. I can drag the edit window over to the left but after closing and re-opening Target Script Editor, the edit window sits back on the right and i have to drag it again to the left.
- Stopping a script takes between 5 and 10 seconds.

Because i had a few other minor issues with the updated Windows 11 (from within Windows 10) i reversed back to Windows 10 and all was good again. Target Script Editor worked fine, edit window to the left and a small file window + stopping a script would take again no more then 1 second.

Earlier this month i decided to install Windows 11 again but this time a complete fresh install, not an update from Windows 10 and on a freshly formatted drive.

However, after installing Target on this fresh Windows 11 Pro it behaves just the same as it did after the upgrade from Windows 10 Pro so the edit window sits back on the right which i can drag over to the left but after closing it sits back on the right and stopping a script takes again between 5 to 10 seconds.

The last couple of days i'm going back and forth with TM support about these issues but despite offering a few possible solutions, none of them solved either of the problems.

I tried 3 versions of the Target software, all behave exactly the same under Windows 11. According to TM support this shouldn't happen.
Just wondering if anybody else with Windows 11 is seeing the same as i do.

Below is screenshot on how Target opens in Windows 11.

1 Opening edit window on the right.png

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• Lange_666 changed the title to Update: Target Script Editor and Windows 11 Pro

Got a preliminary last reply from TM:

We inform you that, as TARGET is currently not fully supported by Windows 11, our options to assist you regarding this local issue are limited.
Indeed, as it is not fully supported, some specific local issue can happen.
We are working on a new update, and invite you to wait until it releases. We currently have no information to provide about when the next update will be available.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 1 month later...

A new version of the Thrustmaster TARGET software is available which is now Windows 11 compatible.

New Features in T.A.R.G.E.T V3.0.23.1205_rev1

- Win 11 support with new driver compatible with Memory Integrity
    - Increase max buttons of Thrustmaster virtual device from 32 to 120

Viper TQS Mission Pack - Thrustmaster - Technical support website

Thanks for the info.
Cool that I don't have to use the target128dx hack but it doesn't solve the above problem.

This is how the latest Target version looks after it's started so that's not solved:

I can drag the status window down and the script window to the left but after closing and restarting they are back in the same place as the screenshot below shows. Also, stopping a script still isn't instantly like in Windows 7, 8 and 10 but still varies up to 15 secs (in recent days i saw it stop once directly).

According to Thrustmaster this is some sort of incompatibility of Windows 11. This update didn't solve that.

I had the same behaviour as below after an update from Win 10 to 11 and also after a complete fresh install of Win 11 Pro.

image.png

Edited by Lange_666

They should also look into their device analyzer. In the previous version i still had the combined Warthog showing when a script was running. With this version nothing anymore, no single unit, no combined one but... it still picks up my MFG rudders...🙄

On 2/19/2024 at 3:53 PM, Lange_666 said:

They should also look into their device analyzer. In the previous version i still had the combined Warthog showing when a script was running. With this version nothing anymore, no single unit, no combined one but... it still picks up my MFG rudders...🙄

I have the same problem. Device Analyzer picks up other devices but not my Combined Thrustmaster device I actually need it for.

On 1/13/2024 at 8:41 AM, Lange_666 said:

I have 2 issues with Windows 11 and Target Script Editor:

Bit of history first:

Windows 10 Pro and Target Script Editor:
- When opening Target Script Editor the edge of edit window sits on the left, close to the file window. This is like it should be.
- Stopping a script takes max 1 second.

Now Windows 11 Pro:
I first updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and Target Script Editor behaved a bit different.
- When opening Target Script Editor the edge of edit window sits on the right and is small making the file window very big. I can drag the edit window over to the left but after closing and re-opening Target Script Editor, the edit window sits back on the right and i have to drag it again to the left.
- Stopping a script takes between 5 and 10 seconds.

Solved: With the latest version and the new target.tmh stopping a script is instantly again.

Still a problem: the position of the windows within Target Script Editor is not solved.

Device Analyzer in Target: not a single Thrustmaster device to be seen, nor a combined one when a script is running.