Accidentaly pressed "grayscale" as a pilot...

Amarok_73

...and I can't get the propper symbology on IHADSS, instead I have the TADS crosshair and FOV corners in it. Is it bugged or there's some trick I don't know to get the normal symbology back?

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

6 hours ago, NeedzWD40 said:

Grayscale selected where? On the WPN page?

Yes, there...

Natural Born Kamikaze

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

I am pretty sure that if I'll use this option again, the callibration symbology appears, then pressing it to disable it the described above TADS symbology reappears.
I am not at home now, so if I'll return I'll recheck it though.

Natural Born Kamikaze

@NeedzWD40
Ok, I've tested it and it seems, that this happens only with live CP/G on board.

Natural Born Kamikaze

7 minutes ago, NeedzWD40 said:

Make sure to document and get a track so it can be reported, that's definitely a bug.

Yeah, but it will take a moment, as my CP/G already gone to sleep, and the track from our recent session where I checked it is 156 MB large.

Natural Born Kamikaze

Sorry for delay, here's the track file.
First I am showing how it works without live CP/G, then, after he connect, and activate TADS, I am using the Greyscale again, this time receiving permanently the TADS symbology on IHADSS.
IHADSS Grayscale issue.trk

• Thanks 1

Natural Born Kamikaze

• 2 months later...

Just had this happen while flying with a friend.  A few days ago his accidental click on grayscale stuck his IHADSS in grayscale mode, and unboxing the option wouldn't return it.  Tonight, I did the same thing, and when grayscale was unboxed it was stuck in grayscale mode, but then boxing it gave me stuck IHADSS symbology.  Had to grab a new bird to fix it both times.  I wasn't running with track on to record it, but will try to line up some recording time soon.

On 3/22/2024 at 1:44 AM, Nytehawk said:

Just had this happen while flying with a friend.  A few days ago his accidental click on grayscale stuck his IHADSS in grayscale mode, and unboxing the option wouldn't return it.  Tonight, I did the same thing, and when grayscale was unboxed it was stuck in grayscale mode, but then boxing it gave me stuck IHADSS symbology.  Had to grab a new bird to fix it both times.  I wasn't running with track on to record it, but will try to line up some recording time soon.

land, master arm off and ground arm off. try clicking wpn and gray scale again as if you were going to set the ihadss.

you can do it on the air too. but its best to do on the ground. (safety reasons)