New DLVR OpenXR plugin improves Pimax Crystal clarity even further

winghunter

Sounds like magic, seems to work

The plugin demonstrates Almalence Digital Lens technology (DLVR), a solution enhancing visible image quality in head-mounted displays by computationally compensating optical aberrations.

https://almalence.com/dlplugin/

Edited by winghunter

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

3 hours ago, winghunter said:

Sounds like magic, seems to work

it requires Vulkan API according to instructions. So that doesn't apply to DCS right now is my understanding?

ALso, I tried it in another SIM but wasn't able to get it working. OpenXR Explorer indicated some issue with the installation folder, which I left at default.

Anyone with more luck?

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3

I got it working and noticed minor clarity improvements on the F16 cockpit. I only tried for 5 mins though last night, when I get the chance I am going to test more, also see how it affects fps.

- Michael

Intel Core i7 13700K | RTX 4070 | ASUS TUF Z690 | Pimax Crystal | Virpil/Warthog HOTAS

More coverage

@WilliamDeanPlumbing "I just downloaded and used this in dcs, and I have to say seriously oh my god, the distance image quality and detail is phenomenal, as well as close up. I spent the last hour just flying around saying to myself, I can't believe this. Seriously that is impressive."

Edited by winghunter

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

I was able to run it finally. It does take care of some chromatic aberration, but it kinda also introduces new ones for me. Importantly, it does not take care of the distortion outside the sweet spot on my Crystal, which is what I was hoping for. It does make the sweet spot a bit sharper though. Those are my observations. For now with the extended trial period, I’ll keep it on

Edit: actually have removed it, since it is not compatible with the resolution I like to run my Crystal at (200% render res in the foveated region).

Edited by Dentedend10
  • Like 1

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3