Problem setting up the STECS detent.

Gianky

Hey there!

I already posted this on VKB technical support forum, but maybe there's someone here who can help.

I just received my STECS and I'm trying to set up a detent for the Hornet.

I took the green frame (set 4), added a tall L detent at around 15 % for the OFF/IDLE position and a low L detent at around 85 % for the afterburner position.

I set up the first detent with a CRV at 0, so that the throttles in game is in idle as soon as the physical throttles are past the detent and the 1>.<2 event, with pulsed inputs. Everything works fine and as intended.

Troubles come when I try to set up the afterburner detent. I want the throttles in game to reach full MIL when the physical throttles (let's call them the grips) get to the detent, so I set up the second CRV to 100. Once past the detent, the direct input should always be at 100, but it's not. In fact, if I move the grips to the detent slowly, they get to 100 when they hit the detent, but immediately after, as the grips moves on the detent, DI drops at 70,3/70,4 and stay there till the grips get past the detent. I'm attaching some pictures, I hope they'll help understand.

What's the problem, here? How can I have DI stay at a steady 100 when the grips hit the detent?

Grips slowly moved at detent, DI is as intended.jpg

Grips on detent, DI drops at 70,3 instead of staying at 100.jpg

Grips past detent, DI is back at 100.jpg

15 hours ago, Gianky said:

Hey there!

I already posted this on VKB technical support forum, but maybe there's someone here who can help.

I just received my STECS and I'm trying to set up a detent for the Hornet.

I took the green frame (set 4), added a tall L detent at around 15 % for the OFF/IDLE position and a low L detent at around 85 % for the afterburner position.

I set up the first detent with a CRV at 0, so that the throttles in game is in idle as soon as the physical throttles are past the detent and the 1>.<2 event, with pulsed inputs. Everything works fine and as intended.

Troubles come when I try to set up the afterburner detent. I want the throttles in game to reach full MIL when the physical throttles (let's call them the grips) get to the detent, so I set up the second CRV to 100. Once past the detent, the direct input should always be at 100, but it's not. In fact, if I move the grips to the detent slowly, they get to 100 when they hit the detent, but immediately after, as the grips moves on the detent, DI drops at 70,3/70,4 and stay there till the grips get past the detent. I'm attaching some pictures, I hope they'll help understand.

What's the problem, here? How can I have DI stay at a steady 100 when the grips hit the detent?

Grips slowly moved at detent, DI is as intended.jpg

Grips on detent, DI drops at 70,3 instead of staying at 100.jpg

Grips past detent, DI is back at 100.jpg

I forget exactly how I set mine up now but it looks like maybe it's something to do with the curve of your second detent (position of the red line). On my afterburner detent the red line is positioned in the middle of the detent and my throttle reads 100 at full afterburner. I can't remember exactly how I did it to describe how I set it up, but maybe these screenshots of mine might help.

Off.jpg

Full Mill.jpg

Afterburner.jpg

Full afterburner.jpg

• Like 1

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

Hey @AlpineGTA, thank you for your input and the pictures, I think you did something similar to what Jabbers did on his video review . I deleted the second detent CRV and I'm fine tuning the first one's to achieve the same result. I just hope it'll work for all the modules, because if I have to tune the axis for every single airplane every time I want to switch from one to another, it's going to be a real PITA.

I'm wondering, anyway, why my solution didn't work as I intended... maybe someone from VKB can answer this? @fallout9?