109 in DCS and Beyond. Is it a Kurfurst or Gustav?

Can anyone confirm if the 109 in the 2O24 and beyond video is definitely a K4? It could hint at a refresh, but could it be a surprise late Gustav? I'm not good enough at spotting the differences in the limited views in the video. 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

What time stamp?

Didn't notice any different than usual in that myself.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2024 at 12:08 AM, Ala13_ManOWar said:

What time stamp?

Didn't notice any different than usual in that myself.

Could be they are hinting at a K4 refresh but just wondered if it could actually be a late G model. 

2:12

Screenshot_20240209-101254.png2:54

Screenshot_20240209-101924.png

It is still old K-4 model with its inaccurate engine cowling shape.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

2 hours ago, Qcumber said:

Could be they are hinting at a K4 refresh but just wondered if it could actually be a late G model. 

2:12

Screenshot_20240209-101254.png2:54

This is definitely K-4, the hatch in the fuselage is not square nor at that exact place in the late G models mimicking K features.

• Thanks 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

1 hour ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

This is definitely K-4, the hatch in the fuselage is not square nor at that exact place in the late G models mimicking K features.

Cheers. Hopeful thoughts on my part. I would love to see a late Gustav. 

Do you have a good source/book you can recommend for identifying 109 variants? 

3 hours ago, Qcumber said:

Do you have a good source/book you can recommend for identifying 109 variants? 

Plenty of them out there, so many I wouldn't really know which one to recommend in particular, TBH.

To say something, you could start with something like this one, really simple and not specially good book (forget about the comments, there are a zillion way better and wider books about the subject), thought for modellers though but it has some the basic info you mean,

https://www.amazon.com/Messerschmitt-Me109-1942-Planes-Pilots/dp/291390310

And if not that one in particular, just any similar book. If you look for deeper info and so there are others specific to the subject, Kagero publishing has many for instance, they get out of print quickly though.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar