JDAM Multiple ripple

Aoi Kaze

Hi all,

I am trying to sink a ship throwing at her multiple jdams. The bombs are configured with the data, no problem, but I cannot release all my bombs in just one pass. I'm flying with 7 GBU-31 on stations 2, left cft (2), 5, right cft (2) and 8. I would like to put them all (since they are the same type of bomb) in the same program and make a ripple until the 7 are released, but I cannot achieve it. 99% of the times it just releases 1 bomb. I tried different configurations, but it seems I'm unable. Once I managed to drop the 4 in the cfts afer 4 presses of the release button, but never in a long press, and in the next try I used the same configuration and it didn't work.

There are many videos about dropping different bombs to different objectives, but none of dropping many bombs to a single one. Can any of you help me? I'm getting a little despaired in here...
Thanks in advance!!

hace 44 minutos, LorenLuke dijo:

AFAIK, ripple for smart weapons is not yet implemented; a long press only currently releases one per press.

ok, that makes sense. Still, should I put it in direct, auto? If I choose rpl sngl, and the 7 of them are in the same program, could I release them pressing 7 times? Thanks.

3 hours ago, Aoi Kaze said:

ok, that makes sense. Still, should I put it in direct, auto? If I choose rpl sngl, and the 7 of them are in the same program, could I release them pressing 7 times? Thanks.

I personally just use 'Direct' and press the button a bunch when in zone.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Aoi Kaze said:

I never got "Auto" to work with JDAMs so far.

18 hours ago, Aoi Kaze said:

There are many videos about dropping different bombs to different objectives, but none of dropping many bombs to a single one.

Until a time when "Ripple" for JDAMs is implemented use "Direct" and place 7 target markers down. Once at a suitable range hit the pickle button as many times as needed and enjoy the show...

• Like 1

48th_Sig_Pic.png

On 1/25/2024 at 10:53 AM, Ignition said:

You need to be IN ZONE.

I heard there was a highway to it...I might be wrong though.

Setup your PROG 1 for all the stations you want. Find your target using the TPOD. TDC DEPRESS. XFR TPOD to your 1st bomb. NXT STA. XFR TPOD. etc, etc, etc, until all the weapons you want are programmed. Once IN ZONE just keep pressing your WPN RELEASE until all your bombs have dropped.

I do that on my practice missions I built I'll drop 6 GBU-31's in about 3 secs then just watch the TPOD for a lot of booms.

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"