Struggling with mission 15

Not sure if it's a skill issue, but I can't seem to be able to destroy the enemy troops, and the AA takes out most of my flight in the process. Also, the Cobras are very ineffective, and some of the Hueys already eat it during takeoff. 😂 The attached track does not represent the longest battle I've survived, but my Huey was shot pretty bad already, and after the gunners ran out of ammo and my rockets were depleted, I took an AA round to the face.

Screen_240124_213521.jpg

I watched a playthrough on YouTube, and there seems to be a trigger shortly after the AA starts shooting where the pilot says something like "They must have run out of ammo," and the battle is over pretty quickly, but this never happened in my five runs.

Any ideas what I could be missing? Do I need to kill a certain unit for the "out of ammo" event to happen?

last_show_mission_15_problem.trk

Yeah, you are right, the rest of the flight is losing numbers at takeoff, with the full flight they can take care of the threats quite right, also, don't get in the thick of it, keep it moving, and let the Cobras do their job, hang back a bit and let them fire their TOW's then you can go in, remember to keep it moving and keep dodging the ZSU's by now you should be really good at it. 

I have adjusted the mission, mostly ensuring the flight stays alive, and some other tweaks and the time slow down during dialogues, so you can time accel to your heart's content.  I'll push an update in the next 5 minutes or so. 

Cheers, 

SorelRo

The update is available here: