A.I. gunners stop engaging enemy

DishDoggie
Go to solution Solved by MoleUK,

I have a custom mission and I use A.I. Gunners to take out 4 armed Speedboats. I was always good setting the Distance to Long and Free to Fire ROE so at the point the A. I. would normally open fire all goes just as planned the A. I. opens up but shortly after the Co Pilot and left door Gunner will stop and not attack any more I have had this happen with the Right door gunner to but 70% of the time it is the left door gunner over the right. The Co-Pilot just will not reengage after the first engagement. I have tried this in New FM and Old FM and is the same for the Gunners. Has this been a issue for a while? Have you seen the same thing? I don't want to report something they know about. I looked but see nobody with this kind of post about A.I. Gunners.

• Solution
On 1/30/2024 at 7:09 PM, DishDoggie said:

I have a custom mission and I use A.I. Gunners to take out 4 armed Speedboats. I was always good setting the Distance to Long and Free to Fire ROE so at the point the A. I. would normally open fire all goes just as planned the A. I. opens up but shortly after the Co Pilot and left door Gunner will stop and not attack any more I have had this happen with the Right door gunner to but 70% of the time it is the left door gunner over the right. The Co-Pilot just will not reengage after the first engagement. I have tried this in New FM and Old FM and is the same for the Gunners. Has this been a issue for a while? Have you seen the same thing? I don't want to report something they know about. I looked but see nobody with this kind of post about A.I. Gunners.

Try setting the gunners to short. Long has occaisionally been broken in the past on the Huey and Mi-8.

Also, sometimes you do need to cycle the ROE if they get stuck as well.

Edited by MoleUK
  • Like 1