Tail wheel does not rotate visually? [It does]

virgo47

I'm testing P-51D and whenever I look from the outside (F2), the tail wheel is straight. Shouldn't it rotate, even quite extremely, when it is unlocked? I can make circles in place, but the tail wheel sits straight. I can't find any bug report about that (perhaps wrong wording), so I rather ask first how it should behave.

Edited by virgo47

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

Just now, virgo47 said:

I'm testing P-51D and whenever I look from the outside (F2), the tail wheel is straight. Shouldn't it rotate, even quite extremely, when it is unlocked? I can make circles in place, but the tail wheel sits straight. I can't find any bug report about that (perhaps wrong wording), so I rather ask first how it should behave.

In order to unlock it, you need to press the stick forward. If you keep the stick in neutral, it will be controlled by the rudder inputs, and you'll just skid it around if you tap a wheel brake. 

• Thanks 1

I don't know what I was doing... I know about stick forward to unlock, I tried in the morning and the wheel is just fine. How sometimes the single most important step gets out of the way of the experiment, I have no idea. Sorry.

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

• virgo47 changed the title to Tail wheel does not rotate visually? [It does]