Will the phantom be able to air refuel?

CBenson89

35 minutes ago, CBenson89 said:

Title says it all.

Yes.  The F-4E uses the boom refueling method as it is an air force jet.  The naval version (coming much later as a separate module, J or S likely) will use the probe and drogue system like all navy jets.

The Israelis bolted a probe onto their E's and that is confirmed to be an optional visual feature coming later, but it may not be functional as DCS is kind of stupid in that it only allows one type of refueling for each unit.  Hence why there are two different KC-135 units when there should only be one.

• Like 4

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

On 2/4/2024 at 7:20 AM, Stackup said:

The Israelis bolted a probe onto their E's and that is confirmed to be an optional visual feature coming later, but it may not be functional as DCS is kind of stupid in that it only allows one type of refueling for each unit.

I wonder if HB would consider just duplicating respective files so there is a separate IDF F-4, only available to Israel. Allowing the probe to be functional (maybe this could also apply to available weapons and applicable liveries as well).

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 2/4/2024 at 2:20 AM, Stackup said:

Yes.  The F-4E uses the boom refueling method as it is an air force jet.  The naval version (coming much later as a separate module, J or S likely) will use the probe and drogue system like all navy jets.

The Israelis bolted a probe onto their E's and that is confirmed to be an optional visual feature coming later, but it may not be functional as DCS is kind of stupid in that it only allows one type of refueling for each unit.  Hence why there are two different KC-135 units when there should only be one.

Ouch. I hate the boom refueling. I can refuel anything with a probe and drogue, but I still struggle with the AF jets. Part of it is that I fly exclusively in VR, which makes it difficult to see the lights on the tanker. The other part is, of course, lack of practice on my part... 🙂 Maybe the F-4 will motivate me...

• Like 1

Ouch. I hate the boom refueling. I can refuel anything with a probe and drogue, but I still struggle with the AF jets. Part of it is that I fly exclusively in VR, which makes it difficult to see the lights on the tanker. The other part is, of course, lack of practice on my part...  Maybe the F-4 will motivate me...
Perhaps Jester assistance callouts can help you out a bit :)
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Zabuzard said:
8 hours ago, Doc3908 said:

Ouch. I hate the boom refueling. I can refuel anything with a probe and drogue, but I still struggle with the AF jets. Part of it is that I fly exclusively in VR, which makes it difficult to see the lights on the tanker. The other part is, of course, lack of practice on my part... emoji846.png Maybe the F-4 will motivate me...

Perhaps Jester assistance callouts can help you out a bit 🙂

Oh yeah, just like the Tomcat Jester: "Use the Force, Luke"... LoL! 🙂

• Like 2