Oculus 2 link shuddering started a few days ago

Steel Jaw

With my Oc2 now the cable link connection is shuddering, any thoughts? Happens on the desktop in VR andso also in the sim. I have so far tried factory resetting the headset and completely reinstalling the Oculus software.

Thanks.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Hey Steel Jaw can you post the fix for other users that may run into this issue. THNX

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

On 2/11/2024 at 3:33 PM, The_Nephilim said:

Hey Steel Jaw can you post the fix for other users that may run into this issue. THNX

I disabled link sharpening.

• Like 1

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

That’s interesting. I have been seeing a shudder much as though the system is in ASW but the frame rate is still at 72Hz so couldn’t possibly be in ASW. I noticed it turning during taxi on the Persian Gulf Ready On Ramp mission for the F-16. I’ve been trying to capture a video of it but it doesn’t show in the video.

I disabled sharpening in the Oculus link yesterday and it seems to have solved it. I want to do more testing to confirm though. I had it set to quality, I need to test more with it disabled and again with it set to “low”. It’s certainly less sharp with it off but it can be compensated with in-game sharpening to a degree.

I’m glad it wasn’t just me seeing things! 

Edited by slughead

I have tested this further. This is indeed the cause. If sharpening is set to Disabled or Normal I don't see the shudder. Only when it is set to Quality do I experience the shudder with fast moving parts of the image. Thanks for the tip off!