Late Activation help

Stealthh
Go to solution Solved by SUNTSAG,

I cant get late activation to work for the life of me! So for context I'm trying to setting up a F18 to fly through a trigger zone that activates a KC-130 to spawn for aerial refueling. I've made the trigger zone. Then done trigger conditions for "Part of Group in Zone" and set client group and trigger zone respectively. Set action as "Group Activate" and the group i want to activate. No matter what the even before spawning in the group is active. I have also tried setting this using flags. Conditions part of group in zone and set client planes. set action as "Flag On" then set a flag number. Then do another set of trigger conditions for "Flag is True" then flag number i used. Set action as "Group Activate" and desired group, and when you load in as spectator its already flying. Can anyone please help explain to me where ive went wrong? lol

Stealthhs' F18 Training.miz

There's a nasty bug with "in zone" triggers....they no longer work.  The last patch of 2023 broke them.  How this made it through their QC process is troubling.

We've had this mess since before Christmas with no hotfix.  ED has promised a solution in the "February patch".

Until there's a fix, any mission with "in zone" triggers is likely busted.

• Like 2

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• Solution

@StealthhThere was no trigger setup in your example .miz for AtoA refuelling, nor was your refuelling aircraft set to late activation. Having now created that trigger the mission works perfectly for me and I have attached my .miz that includes the relevant trigger. As far as I am aware the “PART OF GROUP IN ZONE” will activate even if the group does not enter that zone, so I have used “UNIT IN ZONE” as that option is currently working correctly.

SUNTSUPDATEStealthhs' F18 Training.miz

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, SUNTSAG said:

@StealthhThere was no trigger setup in your example .miz for AtoA refuelling, nor was your refuelling aircraft set to late activation. Having now created that trigger the mission works perfectly for me and I have attached my .miz that includes the relevant trigger. As far as I am aware the “PART OF GROUP IN ZONE” will activate even if the group does not enter that zone, so I have used “UNIT IN ZONE” as that option is currently working correctly.

SUNTSUPDATEStealthhs' F18 Training.miz 35.79 kB · 1 download

Youre my best friend lol.

• Thanks 1