Using custom CMS programs in multiplayer.

killjoy73au

So now that ED has taken away the important ability to be able to use custom programs for your CMS by adding IC checks to .lua files, are there any plans to be able to implement a system to be able to alter your CMS program for multiplayer?

Being able to have a custom CMS program in PVP servers is a must and it's a poor effort to take away such a feature.

• Like 1

Im really looking forward to something.

I know ED is tieing this to the bigger datacartridge implementation, but its taking soooo long that it would have been convenient to at least have a CMS menu in the special option menu of each module to allow this customization before implementing that as part of a bigger functionality.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, falcon_120 said:

Im really looking forward to something.

I know ED is tieing this to the bigger datacartridge implementation, but its taking soooo long that it would have been convenient to at least have a CMS menu in the special option menu of each module to allow this customization before implementing that as part of a bigger functionality.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the J-17 has that function in the special menu, I doubt it'd be that hard to implement in the other modules given there's the DICE mod that can do it too.

I make it part of my "sit here and wait for alignment" activities in the F-16/18. I could be doing other things like validating target points and bomb configuration. But CMS fixing is more critical. 

Can't wait for DTC.

3 hours ago, killjoy73au said:

I'm pretty sure the J-17 has that function in the special menu, I doubt it'd be that hard to implement in the other modules given there's the DICE mod that can do it too.

Not saying it would be a super complex task (basically should just need a GUI and ability to write the new values to the .lua, but likely a different GUI for each aircraft etc, AND it would need to default back to the default settings automatically after each run, so would require at least 2 files on the go and ability for DCS to know which one to use, so not a 2 minute fix like it might seem), but DICE (unless it's changed since I last used it) basically just automates what you would do to manually set up a custom countermeasures program (i.e. presses a bunch of buttons) so I'm not sure that's a great example of why it wouldn't be hard to do.  It's a workaround that's relatively easily broken if initial conditions aren't what it's expecting at start from my previous experience (note that I haven't used it in a long time so this may have changed since then).