SharkPit 2.0 [wip]

TangoRomeo

Fire extinguisher.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok

i have identified the bug

in the original CDDS file from ED, somes textures index seem mismatch (i mean index adress is wrong)

i mean that night texture and day texture are pointing to the same 'memory adress'

i use this hex adress to insert texture... so i insert the night texture 2 times...it explain your bug. (the day texture is never inserted)

i will release soon a 2nd ModMan package with all the sharkpit texture in its own CDDS file so it will work fine.

ie: this cdds file name will be "Sharkpitbeta1.cdds".

stay tuned

best regards

Skypat

• Like 1

Hi Skypat,

Thank for that. Looking forward to the new one. Timm

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne

Skypat, I just realized that I have probably forgotten to rep you for your assistance in getting this mod out to us, so rep to you for that and for looking up that bug. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

ok

this is the new ModMan FIXED pack

only 30 mega size because it's a cdds file :D

Download link:

http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/index.php?Fichier=5827

***** this is a FIXED PACK which works fine with night textures *****

!!!!!!!! UNINSTALL THE OLD SHARKPIT SharkPit_Ka50cockpit_beta.zip PACK FIRST !!!!!!!!!!!!

best regards

Skypat

SharkPit 1.0 BETA by TangoRomeo

Cockpit replacement Textures for DCS Black Shark

Note, that this release is for testing purposes only & to get input from the community.

If you plan to host the mod on your site, despite it being beta, please add a remark indicating it's not final.

Please use ED DCS Mods&Addons forum for feedback.

official thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=40369

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=40226

All around new cockpit textures.

- English Cockpit

- Russian Cockpit

- Night lighting

no FPS drop at all

• Like 2

TO ALL WHO WORKED ON THIS MOD.

THANK YOU :drink:

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne

Hi Guys,

Skypat you might be able to answer this one please. When I installed your

new version via MODMAN I noticed that it's giving me a yellow installation state marker which is telling me that "Partially installed or files shared or folder removed" is this add on missing something or is it because a file like the one we found had an error is sharing with another one and there's no concern ? Timm

95810904.jpg

Hi Nighthawk,

You were spot on there bud, took out the "SHKVAL texture MOD" and hey presto gone green. Thanks a lot. Timm

it's not due to the skhval mod

it's due to realtowerfrequency mod which override a texture file included in sharkpit_ka50***.cdds file

so don't worry, all is right :D

yellow state is normal due to the fact that .cdds file has been modified by this other mod

if you install cockpit (without uninstalling first) again, you will see that 'realtowerfrequency' will be uninstalled

best regards

Skypat

Hi Guys,

Skypat you might be able to answer this one please. When I installed your

new version via MODMAN I noticed that it's giving me a yellow installation state marker which is telling me that "Partially installed or files shared or folder removed" is this add on missing something or is it because a file like the one we found had an error is sharing with another one and there's no concern ? Timm

95810904.jpg

Edited by Skypat

Matryoshkina-vodka
Hi,

It's sure is a vodka bottle, here it what it is. Now the clever pilot has turned it around so you can't see the label. But here is what it looks like from the front. :drunk: Ofto Gulagmitu

matryoshkinavodka.jpg

Edited by Timm

Sorry for being contradictory here, but it's the oxygen bottle.

:doh:

Of course it is, it's blue... I'm silly. Thanks for the correction. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

What's that blue blob in the center of the screen shot?

Its the arm rest you would pull out or slide back in when not using it.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

small problem guys, after installing the mod and uninstalling it I noticed that my Data Link Button lights no longer light up when pushed.

I did try uninstalling Modman with all mods and the game as well, also made sure to remove any left over files. But, after reinstalling the game with no mods it seems that it has remembered my option and control profiles and also the mod because my data link buttons still dont light up.

Does anyone know if the games hides files in certain areas? Maybe in the registry as well?

Thanks in advance.

I have a problem installing the cockpit.Do I have to install it with Modmanager only? because Modmanager can not find the path to Black Shark

I have Os Vista64 this could be the problem, otherwise can I Installe it manually? and how?.

Please help

Just change the path within the second screen...

modmanqmko.jpg

Should work then as supposed to...

Greets

S@uDepp

// Hasi @4,5 GHz @ H100i // Asrock Z87M Extreme 4 // Avirex 4x4GB // PALIT 1070 GTX SuperJetStream // Corsair 350D // Plextor extern // DELL 2407WFP // Razer Lancehead // 2xThrustmaster T.16000M + Saitek Pedals Pro // Oculus Rift // 3x amBX // Win10 Pro x64

Good job!:thumbup:

Just noticed that there is no "marker" on the ADF channel knob. There is no way to figure out if its on channel 3 or 8 for exemple. Not a biggy though, just a little anoying...

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Tangoromeo, nice work. I have tried this mod and I like some parts while others are just too much for me.

Tangoromeo, If you would be so kind to help me: I would like to use default textures with your Shkval and Abris textures. Is it possible to do something like that? I guess I would have to edit yours "KA-50 DASH-BOARD ENG", copy only Shkval and Abris textures and paste them into default "KA-50 DASH-BOARD ENG"?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

i7 920@4.0Ghz, 12 GB RAM, ATI 4890, LG L246WHX@1920x1200, Saitek X52 Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder pedals, TrackIR4, Audigy 2ZS, Logitech G9x, Vista 64bit.

@ pitbull,

Regarding the marking on the ADF CHN knob, I´m not sure, do the stock textures have a marker in place? If not, don't know whether it'll be possible to add without any adverse effects in other areas ... texture mirroring, etc.

@ goldfinger35

it shouldn't be a problem mix-matching textures.

I guess I would have to edit yours "KA-50 DASH-BOARD ENG", copy only Shkval and Abris textures and paste them into default "KA-50 DASH-BOARD ENG"?

Correct. Before inserting KA-50 DASH-BOARD ENG back into the cdds, i'd test it in the /temptextures folder, as you will probably need to make some tonal/brightness adjustments to the shkval/abris parts, to fit the stock textures.