Anyone know of a glitch with F-14 Weapons?

Coota0

Jumped in to play some DCS and I can't get my weapons to work.

I changed the HUD to Air to Air, flipped up the master arm switch, pressed the SW cool and missile prep switches and I couldn't select a weapon.
I rebound my switches and when in the assignment screen the buttons I used on my joystick lit up identifying that they worked.

The only thing out of the ordinary i did was flip the master arm to training before flipping it up to arm. Any ideas?

You need to cycle weapons on the stick, off/bombs, gun, sidewinder, aim-7 and aim-54. it's the big red switch on your right thumb just opposite of the ordinance drop / pickle button. Forward firing weapons use trigger and everything that falls use the pickle button. 

15 hours ago, Coota0 said:

I couldn't select a weapon

It's a feature, not a glitch.

On the RL stick you have to push the weapon selector before you can move it to/out of the OFF position. If you don't have the exact replica allowing that you can either bind the push action to another button or just uncheck DCS options > special > F-14 > Require weapon selector press between OFF and GUN.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

11 hours ago, draconus said:

It's a feature, not a glitch.

On the RL stick you have to push the weapon selector before you can move it to/out of the OFF position. If you don't have the exact replica allowing that you can either bind the push action to another button or just uncheck DCS options > special > F-14 > Require weapon selector press between OFF and GUN.

Had it bound. once I unticked the box for the press between the gun and off/safe it worked fine. It's just off because I have had that box ticked for years with no issues until yesterday.