A nice historical article

Migparts

The F-4 Phantom was neither pretty nor elegant.

I totally disagree, one of the sleekest and hottest looking fighters in my eyes, exudes raw power, the appeal of a classic muscle car.  Than when you slap on those groovy colors from yesteryear and hang those weapons, today's aircraft are drab gray lawn darts compared.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nodak said:

I totally disagree, one of the sleekest and hottest looking fighters in my eyes, exudes raw power, the appeal of a classic muscle car.  Than when you slap on those groovy colors from yesteryear and hang those weapons, today's aircraft are drab gray lawn darts compared.

I think we can all agree modern Western aircraft are insanely boring colour wise. Some shade of grey on everything. Light grey, blue grey, mid grey or dark grey.

Fighter used to be colourful, all kinda cammo patterns or green or browns, or just pure aluminium.

But now grey... it's like going from Napoleonic hussar uniforms to the various beiges of ww1.

Make fighters colourful again!

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

6 hours ago, Omega417 said:

Vietnam was boring compared to WW2 liveries. Really wish they'd let squadron commanders chose what they wanted their birds to look like.

Navy brids should be blue, no question about it. By Vietnam the US navy had already jumped on the grey band wagon, while the USAF at least had some colour and variations still.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.