Open Beta Crash During Splash Screen

Beserk
Go to solution Solved by rob10,

Yesterday (2/20/24) my DCS started crashing upon launch whenever I get to the splash screen. I was going to try out the AITrack and OpenTrack systems to see how well they'd work for me as I can't afford TrackIR yet.

After installing them both and setting them up, my DCS began crashing upon launch. I don't think these caused the issue but I don't know for certain because up until that point, it'd been a few days since I launched the game.

I completely uninstalled both AITrack and OpenTrack from my computer, but the crash still occurs.

I followed all of these steps: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/repair/
Still happens.

I did a complete fresh install of the game. Still happens.

This occurs for both the multi-threading and regular versions of the game.

I've attached the log :)

dcs.log

• Like 1

• Solution

Your log is showing at least remnants of the UH-60 mod which has caused crashing issues with current build.  Try removing anything related from Saved Games (repair won't touch anything in there).  Worst case RENAME your DCS Saved Games folder (so that you can change it back if it's not the cause) and try running again.  If it does, then something in that folder is the problem.

29 minutes ago, rob10 said:

Your log is showing at least remnants of the UH-60 mod which has caused crashing issues with current build.  Try removing anything related from Saved Games (repair won't touch anything in there).  Worst case RENAME your DCS Saved Games folder (so that you can change it back if it's not the cause) and try running again.  If it does, then something in that folder is the problem.

You, my friend, are a scholar and a saint. That fixed my issue, thank you so much!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I am having the exact same issue. Game gets to 15 years spash after nvidia logo than just crashes.
Haven't changed anything and just started doing it.
I tried the above mentioned by Rob10 and it didn't work.
Here is the log file.
Going through the log myself I did notice the following errors:
2024-03-27 17:47:05.087 ERROR   Scripting (Main): declare loadout fail, duplicate not allowed: "{HOT3_R2}" from "./CoreMods/aircraft/SA342/SA342_Weapons.lua", original located here "./CoreMods/aircraft/AircraftWeaponPack/HOT.lua"
2024-03-27 17:47:05.087 ERROR   Scripting (Main): declare loadout fail, duplicate not allowed: "{HOT3_L2}" from "./CoreMods/aircraft/SA342/SA342_Weapons.lua", original located here "./CoreMods/aircraft/AircraftWeaponPack/HOT.lua"
2024-03-27 17:47:05.087 ERROR   Scripting (Main): declare loadout fail, duplicate not allowed: "{HOT3_R1}" from "./CoreMods/aircraft/SA342/SA342_Weapons.lua", original located here "./CoreMods/aircraft/AircraftWeaponPack/HOT.lua"
2024-03-27 17:47:05.087 ERROR   Scripting (Main): declare loadout fail, duplicate not allowed: "{HOT3_L1}" from "./CoreMods/aircraft/SA342/SA342_Weapons.lua", original located here "./CoreMods/aircraft/AircraftWeaponPack/HOT.lua"
2024-03-27 17:47:05.087 ERROR   Scripting (Main): declare loadout fail, duplicate not allowed: "{HOT3_R2_M}" from "./CoreMods/aircraft/SA342/SA342_Weapons.lua", original located here "./CoreMods/aircraft/AircraftWeaponPack/HOT.lua"
2024-03-27 17:47:05.087 ERROR   Scripting (Main): declare loadout fail, duplicate not allowed: "{HOT3_L2_M}" from "./CoreMods/aircraft/SA342/SA342_Weapons.lua", original located here "./CoreMods/aircraft/AircraftWeaponPack/HOT.lua"
2024-03-27 17:47:05.087 ERROR   Scripting (Main): declare loadout fail, duplicate not allowed: "{HOT3_R1_M}" from "./CoreMods/aircraft/SA342/SA342_Weapons.lua", original located here "./CoreMods/aircraft/AircraftWeaponPack/HOT.lua"
2024-03-27 17:47:05.087 ERROR   Scripting (Main): declare loadout fail, duplicate not allowed: "{HOT3_L1_M}" from "./CoreMods/aircraft/SA342/SA342_Weapons.lua", original located here "./CoreMods/aircraft/AircraftWeaponPack/HOT.lua"

It shows in both the openbeta folders from my save game, the one i originally renamed to openbetaold and the new folder it created openbeta.

dcs.log