Join vCVW-13: Relive the Golden Era of Naval Aviation!

DaddyO17

Aviation Enthusiasts Wanted!
Are you ready to step into the cockpit of history and experience the thrill of authentic naval aviation? Look no further! vCVW-13 is now recruiting passionate pilots, RIOs, and controllers to join our virtual squadron.

About Us:
At vCVW-13, we're dedicated to replicating the exhilarating atmosphere of Late Cold War-era naval aviation. Picture yourself in the era when Guns N' Roses ruled the airwaves, and every pilot sported a cool mustache.
Our community is fueled by a shared passion for this dynamic period in aviation history.

Opportunities Available:

Pilots: Take control of iconic aircraft from the late Cold War era, including the F-14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet and the A6 Intruder (when HB gets around to releasing it). Experience the adrenaline rush of carrier-based operations and engage in realistic missions.

RIOs (Radar Intercept Officers): Master the art of Air Intercepts as you team up with our pilots to ensure mission success.

Controllers: Keep our virtual skies safe and organized by guiding aircraft during takeoff, landing, and aerial maneuvers while 'controlling the fight'.

Why Join Us?
Authenticity: Immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of Late Cold War-era naval aviation with meticulously recreated environments.
Community: Connect with fellow aviation enthusiasts who share your love for historical accuracy and immersive gameplay.
Growth: Whether you're a seasoned veteran or a newcomer to virtual aviation, vCVW-13 offers opportunities for skill development and advancement.

How to Join: Ready to embark on your virtual aviation adventure?
Visit our website at https://vcvw13.com/  to learn more and submit your application today!
Come on by our discord at https://discord.gg/dUW3nUPsEA

#navalaviation #virtualsquadron #pilotrecruitment #coldwarera #flightsimulation #mustachegoals #GunsNRoses #aviationenthusiasts #virtualcockpit #immersivegaming #vCVW13 #dcs #digitalcombatsimulator #80srocks #F18 #F14

Don't miss out on the opportunity to be part of our tight nit community! Join vCVW-13 and soar to new heights today!

image.png

Edited by DaddyO17
update information
  • Like 1

"When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DaddyO17 said:

"When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Whilst onboard the Pork Chop Express! Lol Great movie from back in the day!

• Like 2

Tomcat recruiting is currently closed to 'new' DCS enjoyers. 'Experienced' Tomcat pilots and RIOs may seek membership on a case by case basis. 

Hornet recruiting is currently closed to 'new' DCS enjoyers. 'Experienced' Hornet pilots may seek membership on a case by case basis.

What timezone do you guys fly on?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

On 3/16/2024 at 11:38 AM, DaddyO17 said:

"Just because we're holdin' hands doesn't mean we're gonna take warm showers 'til the wee hours of the morning. You hear me?"

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.....

At least you have the right Carrier in your post above... USS Abraham Lincoln... "Shall not Perish"... Haze Grey and Underway baby.......

Ships company AIMD/IM1/QA.... July 93 to April 30, 1997.  Did my sixth and seventh WESTPACS on her...

AT1(AW/SW) USN ret. 77-97

:drinks_cheers:

Sempre Fortis

I did three WESTPACS on the Connie, 78-82... That was during the Yemen Civil War, Iranian hostage crisis era, we got rammed by a Liberian tanker around 0100 while doing an UNREP.... GQ....the Ranger was rammed by a Liberian tanker in the Straights Of Malacca coming out to relieve us. We had to wait for the USS Midway to get underway and take the Rangers place as our relief. I did two more on the Enterprise with VA-94 (A-7E) 85-89, We did the ditch in 85 into the Med for the Libya thing, 88 we did Operation Preying Mantis. Two more WESTPACS on the Lincoln 93-97, we got called out of the Gulf in Oct. 93 to sail off Somalia after the Blackhawk down mess. I would say the Golden age of Carrier Aviation for me was cruising with F-14s, A-6Es, EA-6Bs, RF-8s (VFP-63), EA-3Bs VQ-1...... A-7Es, E-2Cs, S-3Bs, SH-3s. C-2s, US-3Bs on the Connie.

I was an I-level Avionics tech, I repaired the DECM out of A-7s and A-6s.... ALQ-126A, ALR-45 & 50s, ALE-29,39 and 41s, later I repaired the ALQ-126B, ALR67, ALR-45F, KIT/KIR-1A and KY-58 COMSEC gear. After I retired April 30, 1997, I went to work for Boeing at NAS Lemoore at their Avionics Repair Facility.... yep B-ARF. I was at Lemoore for eleven years, at AIMD, VA-94, and NAMTRADET teaching DECM. I retired from there June 2021. 

Semper Fortis

Sempre Fortis

On 4/24/2024 at 7:42 PM, _Hoss said:

I did three WESTPACS on the Connie, 78-82... That was during the Yemen Civil War, Iranian hostage crisis era, we got rammed by a Liberian tanker around 0100 while doing an UNREP.... GQ....the Ranger was rammed by a Liberian tanker in the Straights Of Malacca coming out to relieve us. We had to wait for the USS Midway to get underway and take the Rangers place as our relief. I did two more on the Enterprise with VA-94 (A-7E) 85-89, We did the ditch in 85 into the Med for the Libya thing, 88 we did Operation Preying Mantis. Two more WESTPACS on the Lincoln 93-97, we got called out of the Gulf in Oct. 93 to sail off Somalia after the Blackhawk down mess. I would say the Golden age of Carrier Aviation for me was cruising with F-14s, A-6Es, EA-6Bs, RF-8s (VFP-63), EA-3Bs VQ-1...... A-7Es, E-2Cs, S-3Bs, SH-3s. C-2s, US-3Bs on the Connie.

I was an I-level Avionics tech, I repaired the DECM out of A-7s and A-6s.... ALQ-126A, ALR-45 & 50s, ALE-29,39 and 41s, later I repaired the ALQ-126B, ALR67, ALR-45F, KIT/KIR-1A and KY-58 COMSEC gear. After I retired April 30, 1997, I went to work for Boeing at NAS Lemoore at their Avionics Repair Facility.... yep B-ARF. I was at Lemoore for eleven years, at AIMD, VA-94, and NAMTRADET teaching DECM. I retired from there June 2021. 

Semper Fortis

Well yippee ki-yay! what a career! You should come by our discord and share in the festivities bro!