How do I go about removing one of the installed instances?

Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

I have both vanilla and beta on my PC.
Now I can/want to remove one of them.
Do I just delete? Do I use some uninstall function?
Which one should I keep?

Edited by Moxica

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

• Moxica changed the title to How do I go about removing one of the installed instances?
  • ED Team
  • Solution

you can just delete or use the uninstaller in the root of the instal 

If you have stable and open beta currently, keep stable and remove open beta. 

make sure you backup your inputs and anything you want from the saved games DCS.openbeta folder as you may want to move them to the saved games DCS folder. 

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Depending on how you installed in the first place you may have a registry key pointing to the installations. If you delete one you should delete that registry key as well. My recollection is that it is under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics. Some add on software looks there to find your installations.

• Thanks 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Thanks, but but there is no "Eagle Dynamics" under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software in my registry.
I'm doing backups an removing as per BigNewy's advice.

Edited by Moxica

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

2 hours ago, Moxica said:

Thanks, but but there is no "Eagle Dynamics" under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software in my registry.
I'm doing backups an removing as per BigNewy's advice.

It gets created when you use the original installer. If you reinstalled Windows or copied DCS from another system then those keys won't be present. They aren't needed by DCS itself as nearly as I can tell. But programs like VAICOM PRO look for them to find your DCS installation.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

11 hours ago, sthompson said:

It gets created when you use the original installer. If you reinstalled Windows or copied DCS from another system then those keys won't be present. They aren't needed by DCS itself as nearly as I can tell. But programs like VAICOM PRO look for them to find your DCS installation.

Makes sense; I got a New PC, and just put the old drive into the new one, and the copied installation to an M2 drive.
-And now that Beta is gone, what to do with all that extra space?

:P 

Edited by Moxica