Force feedback / trim issue switching front and rear cockpits

I wondered if we could ask ( nicely, again) if HB can look at the issues with FFB joysticks and trim. I run a Rhino stick base ( As do quite a few people now) and if I go backseat and then front seat, my stick violently deflects up and I have to dial a whole <profanity>load of trim to get the stick back forward and the jet level again......

I dont understand why this happens, as when I leave the front seat, I have the jet and stick nicely trimmed. I dont see it move when I occupy the rear, yet when I swap, its as if its lost completely the previous settings. I also dont understand the behaviour, as when in the reat seat, the stick will move depending on what the jet is doing, IE the sim does not realize that I dont have a stick in the back. I would have thought that when you swap seats, the stick should stay as it was and not move until you swap back? 

Can someone from HB or anyone who knows, explain why it behaves how it does and how easy or not it may be to sort out? 

This may also be tied to issues with auto pilot when using the magic carpet system for a hands off carrier landing....on handover in close, it pitches the nose down and into the sea you go......

Thank you

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

23 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

I would have thought that when you swap seats, the stick should stay as it was and not move until you swap back?

Not when Iceman takes over (which cannot be turned off) but it's probably wrong to change the trim setting that much.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 2/25/2024 at 12:03 PM, markturner1960 said:

Can someone from HB or anyone who knows, explain why it behaves how it does and how easy or not it may be to sort out? 

It happens because it's bugged, simple as that. https://forum.dcs.world/topic/333296-ffb-trim-issues-with-iceman/

You can disable "FFB Enable Trim Offset" special option for the Tomcat, this seems to be the culprit, but you'll loose realistic force trim effect.

• Like 1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

OK, found a solution, if you are a Rhino user. Turn off FFB trim implementation in special options. Turn ON force hardware trim trim options in vpconfig and voila, no differential when switching cockpits, stick still moves when trimmed as previously

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit.