Track files intermittent failures after latest update.

cptmrcalm

Hi guys. Before I investigate further - I wanted to ask if anyone else is experiencing issues with track files since the update was issued Friday the 23rd Feb?

I've had a failure on the previous DCS Build - 1 from 20 track files that I can recall. But I put that down to the track file being very large. (I had left myself on the server to go do something and came back much later)

However, since Friday, I have had 8 failures out of 10.

So again, before we get into bug files (dxdiag output) is it a known thing? are there any does and don'ts to get reliable track files?

My habits previous to the update remain unchanged and that's why I have a feeling that something has happened. I am trying to put a YouTube video together and need them to work really.

• Thanks 1

• ED Team

I'm not seeing any difference regarding the percentage of tracks failing or not. 

I use tracks every day checking issues, sure they are not always reliable and many factors can create issues, long multiplayer tracks are the worst for having issues, especially on servers that are using external scripting that does not show on the replay. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hmmmm.. so the plot thickens. 

So. Last night flew on the buddyspike server. As usual that is my go to place.

I conducted a little experiment that left me no further forward.

I put a timer on my phone for 1hr. Intention was that as soon as I hear the alarm, I would go and land and then exit the server and test the replay file. 

(without leaving the sim)

On all occasions I happened to leave the server before 1hr.

So the first flight was around 35mins. Track file good.

Second flight around 50 mins. Track file good.

Third flight was short. About 25 mins. Track file corrupt. This time, no DCS pop up asking me to send a file. Just a straight to desktop like I was never even in the sim.

Like to point out that the condition for each was exactly the same - apart from the length of time I was in the sim. For example, the last flight was on top of me already being in the sim for a little over 85mins if you do the maths.

No other windows activities, apps etc. (other than whatever the system likes to do in the background)

Flying is fine. FPS is good. 

NOTE: I will provide the dxdiag if I could just perhaps try a few other things out first which is why I am seeking initial advice first.

I am hoping to stumble on the culprit because I really need these track files. What would be nice is if we could have a key press to start recording - a toggle on off. I am surprised DCS doesn't have this feature. 

Does it?

Edited by cptmrcalm

• ED Team

A short track is considered to be 5 minutes or less. 

Please remember the track replay system was initially a debug tool, it was not intended for video creation, we would like to improve the track replay system in the future and the team are looking at what can be added to DCS in the future. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks. It is strange because I have had some recent successes. Its like the problem paused for a moment?

I just wish it was clear. Ie. - XRam = trktime or something.

Latest finding seems to be - fly for less than 1hour and a half and leave the sim each time. 

I have another problem for you. posting now.

I have been troubled by this issue for over a week now, and there are two tracks that will crash as soon as I play track, and they are not multiplayer tracks.