Passthrough not working Pimax Crystal Sim Flight version

paul2437

Since the latest firmware and software update 27 Feb the option for passthrough within pimaxplay I have ticked it but its not working. I may be doing something wrong or its a software glitch any help appreciated

Initially it wouldn't work on my system. Using the keyboard keys I defined the screen just turned black. Nothing to see.

For another reason I had to reinstall my C-drive, Windows and all user programs, I always format drive when I do a new Windows install.

So a total clean install, the installed Pimax Play and now it works.

Seems to me that the Pimax Play update does not clean out everything related to the previous version.

Now let's hope that the software for the image gets better because it is very low quality passthrough.

A drastic measure, I have put in a ticket to pimax and since fully uninstalled including registry keys then reinstalled and still the same. The updated Pimaxplay when setting to 72hz the option for 90hz and 120hz disappears and other settings get changed with no input from me. I believe there is a conflict somewhere.

• Like 1

its not working on mine either.

10 hours ago, paul2437 said:

A drastic measure, I have put in a ticket to pimax and since fully uninstalled including registry keys then reinstalled and still the same. The updated Pimaxplay when setting to 72hz the option for 90hz and 120hz disappears and other settings get changed with no input from me. I believe there is a conflict somewhere.

yep same thing, I  had it self change to 72 hrz. When I run at 90.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Not working for me either

Ryzen 5950X, MSI  RTX 3080TI, 1 TB SSD, 64GB 3600 MHZ DDR4 RAM, Pimax Crystal and 8KX KDMAS. WINWING F16EX Throttle: FSSB-R3-MKII ULTRA Base/TMWH Joystick: DCS: F16C

I am using the HUB I checked the UVC camera settings it was not configured. I still cannot get a passthrough image via the headset but when turning on windows camera i can see the moving image within the windows camera window but not in the headset. Also within the headset there is two images one with the shape of the headset with a green tick and one with an exclamation mark in orange

On 3/1/2024 at 4:29 AM, 71st_Mastiff said:

its not working on mine either.

yep same thing, I  had it self change to 72 hrz. When I run at 90.

Yep same here a total no go- completely non functional as it stands now??

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Calvin.Pimax said:

The headset changed to 72Hz even you've seleceted the 90Hz? 

On mine it goes between 90-72 with no input from me see image the 120hz option is missing

image.png

Edited by paul2437

2 hours ago, Calvin.Pimax said:

The headset changed to 72Hz even you've seleceted the 90Hz? 

Yes, that's the Software behavior. The setting even resets from 72 Hz to 90 Hz after a fresh PC start and the 120 Hz mode is gone.

If I restart the HS within the Pimax Tool, the HS symbol looks different and the 120 Hz mode is again available and the 90 Hz mode is also active.

It's Magic. 😱

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Nedum

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

Got this from Pimax if its any help to anyone my camera settings were off.

Many thanks for your information. We have checked your log file and found  the camera permissions may not be correct, please follow the chart below to check. 

Passthrough function requires camera access, if you can't use it , please try  following steps:
Go to [Settings] -> [Privacy & Security] -> [Camera] -> turn on "Camera Access" -> turn on  "Let desktop apps access your camera".

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fattachment.freshd
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fattachment.freshd

Look forward your information

Best regards,
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2024 at 7:47 PM, Nedum said:

If I restart the HS within the Pimax Tool, the HS symbol looks different and the 120 Hz mode is again available and the 90 Hz mode is also active.

It's Magic.

Lol. It's not magic, but rather a glitch in version 1.18 😅 The development team has developed a hotfix, which is currently undergoing final inspection. My estimation is that the patch will be live by early next week!