EZ Refuel vs New Gear Model

Hi, this might just be me but the latest patch may be causing some issues with the way the EZ refuel works. I’ve just tried Missin 4 (I think, the one to recon the harbour) and that requires a tanker visit….which switches to unlimited fuel and for me I had over 9k pounds left. Which with the stores still on out me 6k over the max trap weight of circa 33k.

Even keeping my sink rate lower then 800fpm I still crunch the gear.

If it’s just me, and my lack of AAR skill is now compounded by my trap skills that’s ok…but wanted to raise it in case. Not sure if there is a good solution, can you check fuel state or weight with scripts and only trigger the unlimited fuel once below an acceptable level? Or if overweight trigger a switch to invulnerable when getting to the boat?

Thanks for great campaigns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up. Will look into it.  
There is a new unlimited fuel option since the campaign was written but this holds at 50%. 
Maybe I will drop the current enforced static level to lower level with a more sensitive gear.

Edited by Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe you can also dump fuel in this case?  As far as AAR I played this mission just a few days ago and did not see any issue connecting to the tanker on the starboard side. As far as case 1 goes, overall, you need to be correct on your weights speed and angle when landing on the carrier. Not sure if that is a DCS bug or that is more realistic since the last uipdate but overall if I keep my landing weight correct and follow the case 1 procedures, I land without any damage to the landing gear. 

@thumperdump just so you know I have dropped the fixed weight of the static fuel of Ford in the EZ refuel options for all three of my current campaigns which will be in next update. If only part of the weapons are dropped you will be within carrier parameters.

• Like 1

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Thanks Badger, I’ve been using the time to get more practice round the boat so with the correct weight I should be golden again and can get back to Ford’s adventures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1