HMD sight does not slew Shkval to the correct place in VR only - off by a bit

PawlaczGMD

HMD sight does not slew Shkval to the correct place in VR only - it can be off by a bit, maybe 1-2 degrees.  Sometimes more? It fluctuates. In other words, it desyncs from the HMD.

This doesn't seem to happen in 2D, so it can't be intended behavior. 

Short tracks attached.

_NOVR track shows that the green circle is always dead on the yellow HMD dot.

In VR, even by moving my head for a few seconds, it desynced so that the yellow dot is on the circumference of the green circle. In practice, it can get even worse than this. I estimate I saw it desynced by 2-3 radii at most. This is very annoying for precise, quick use.

BS3_Datalink_Wingmen_Training.miz_29022024_14-57.trk BS3_Datalink_Wingmen_Training.miz_29022024_17-24_NOVR.trk

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve never been 100% accurate with the HMD and Shkval, but close enough. You are in a moving helo, using a moving HMD, aiming at a target that is moving relative to your helo, while moving your head. 1 or 2 degrees off is actually pretty good if you think about it. Parallax error could also be modeled.

Edited by Spetz

2 hours ago, Spetz said:

I’ve never been 100% accurate with the HMD and Shkval, but close enough. You are in a moving helo, using a moving HMD, aiming at a target that is moving relative to your helo, while moving your head. 1 or 2 degrees off is actually pretty good if you think about it. Parallax error could also be modeled.

You're misunderstanding. This is an issue that happens in VR only. The 2 tracks attached show the difference. The non-VR HMD circle and HUD target circle agree perfectly. It does not depend on the helo moving, or any other such realistic effects, but on using VR or not as a player. 

Yes, it is a issue, and should be fixed.

• Like 1

i5 11600k 4.9ghz, 64gb 3600, 3070ti, multiple ssd/nvme, Rift S, TM Warthog / Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Nevada, Normandy, Syria, A10C/2, KA-50 3, P51D, L39, Huey, WW2 Assets, VaicomPro