Can anyone give me a list of compatible modules with the MiP TopGun setup?

Gman109

I've searched through all the WinWing manuals, Youtube videos, and forums for the answer to my question - what modules are currently compatible with the MiP TopGun with the active MFDs?  What modules can you make "just sort of work", and etc.  

I just want to know if it's worth getting this setup for my 2d DCS play, in terms of it being used on not just the F18C and F16C modules.

Thanks all!

Edited by Gman109

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

• Gman109 changed the title to Can anyone give me a list of compatible modules with the MiP TopGun setup?

A10, F-16, F/A-18, F-15E front/rear and AH-64D front/rear. Someone will surely come in and add more that I my have forgotten.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

The MFD panels should be able to emulate just about any mfd in any aircraft, and sometimes is compatible with other panels (such as the ehsi in the F-16). I can check when I get home to see which of the panels are replaced for the modules I own, but for NATO aircraft, I only have the F15, F16, and A10 (the FC3 version). I will check the handful of non-nato jets that I have from FC3 as well for you. I know that the SimAppPro page that deals with setting up the screens seems to have all my unlocked jets there, so I assume that they have at least some functionality for all of the modules I own. I know it works with the A-10 full module as well from some friends who also have the MIP.

Edited by twopac187

Self-build Gaming PC: i9 13900K ASUS ROG Strix RTX 4080, 128GB DDR5 5200MHz, NVMe Samsung 990 Pro m.2 SSD x3, Corsair Virtuoso SE Wireless headset

Sim Gear: Winwing Orion 2 Throttle base with F-16EX and F-15EX II grips, Winwing Orion 2 MFSSB base with F-16EX grip. Winwing Skywalker pedals, Winwing ICP and 3x MFD's with panels. MonsterTech Mounting hardware, TrackIR, Meta Quest 3

Official Modules: NTTR, Syria, Sinai, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Combined Arms, Super Carrier, FC3, F-15E, F-16C

Great info, thanks so much all.

Can you mess about then and get the FC3 F15C's MFDs to work?  I'm assuming no go on the UFC and middle/center panels of the MiP...

Can you get the various Su27 variants to work on the MFDs too then, even just "more or less"?

Looking more favorable for buying the MiP TopGun.  I have SO much Hotas, seriously, 40+ throttles and sticks going back to the CH days of the 90s, but I've never messed with a setup like the MiP, always just monitor(s) or VR, never any supplemental displays, MFDs, or control panels.  Other than the Virpil boxes, I have 2 of those, but they are mounted on Monster mounts/plates beside my throttles.  Be so nice to build a semi-custom "cockpit" on my large gaming table with the MiP, I just want to ensure it's value is there as I have all the modules, and plan on using lots of them in PVP online now that I'm healthy enough to begin simming again.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

1 hour ago, Gman109 said:

Great info, thanks so much all.

Can you mess about then and get the FC3 F15C's MFDs to work?  I'm assuming no go on the UFC and middle/center panels of the MiP...

Can you get the various Su27 variants to work on the MFDs too then, even just "more or less"?

Looking more favorable for buying the MiP TopGun.  I have SO much Hotas, seriously, 40+ throttles and sticks going back to the CH days of the 90s, but I've never messed with a setup like the MiP, always just monitor(s) or VR, never any supplemental displays, MFDs, or control panels.  Other than the Virpil boxes, I have 2 of those, but they are mounted on Monster mounts/plates beside my throttles.  Be so nice to build a semi-custom "cockpit" on my large gaming table with the MiP, I just want to ensure it's value is there as I have all the modules, and plan on using lots of them in PVP online now that I'm healthy enough to begin simming again.

It should still export the display, I haven't played around with the FC3 planes much to see how the keybinds work for the MFD's. If you set keybinds for the actual OSB keys, then it should work just fine to bind all the mfd buttons to those OSB functions and then they will work much like the full fidelity f15 does. If they don't bind that way, then I'm not sure how you would set up the buttons on the MFD's, but the displays should still be able to pull the information from the game to populate the screen.

I will say that having the displays in front of you makes a huge difference for me. It's much easier for me to just look down and manipulate the physical screens than to squint to try and see the displays on my monitor while zooming in and managing the mouse to click what I need to click. The muscle memory is much easier for me to build with the physical tools instead. I would say the value was there for me and I just primarily fly one module. If I regularly flew many different modules, it would just increase the value.

Self-build Gaming PC: i9 13900K ASUS ROG Strix RTX 4080, 128GB DDR5 5200MHz, NVMe Samsung 990 Pro m.2 SSD x3, Corsair Virtuoso SE Wireless headset

Sim Gear: Winwing Orion 2 Throttle base with F-16EX and F-15EX II grips, Winwing Orion 2 MFSSB base with F-16EX grip. Winwing Skywalker pedals, Winwing ICP and 3x MFD's with panels. MonsterTech Mounting hardware, TrackIR, Meta Quest 3

Official Modules: NTTR, Syria, Sinai, Persian Gulf, Normandy, Combined Arms, Super Carrier, FC3, F-15E, F-16C

MFDs will work on all FC3 aircraft. I believe you have to select the F/A-18 in SimApp Pro if I remember right, something about the way it is exported, but they all work. I don't fly the Su-25, but I know the MiG-29, Su-27, and F-15 all show their radars, and the A-10 shows its one screen. F-5E also works. As a general rule, if it isn't an option to select, try it with the F/A-18 and you will probably get at least partial compatibility on your MFD.

With the F15e you can also also show the ufc, say if you bought that 4 piece WSO kit but sit mainly up front. 

Once you're comfy with simappro there's also helios to do the same, but then also display your HSI and RWR and other widgets. More apps and more work but feels good to use all screens.