Store target

Rapax
Go to solution Solved by flanker0ne,

• ED Team
1 hour ago, flanker0ne said:

You have to first open the George's interface, ask him to designate a tgt, then the command TADS Store Target become useful.

This command is outside of the George interface, just like Consent to Fire. You don't need to open the AI interface to command him to store his current target, nor is it required to command him to designate the target. He can store a target location any time he is tracking a target, and will automatically designate the target to get a laser range if he isn't already lasing.

You can even command him to store multiple targets while the AI Target List is displayed. As he slews the TADS to each target as you scroll through the his Target List, wait for his TADS to settle onto his target and then command him to store that target. Then scroll to the next target, and so on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• ED Team
37 minutes ago, Gunslinger52 said:

is it true that in the future, we will be able to send stored targets over the DL to others?

This has been implemented since October. Please reference the Datalink chapter of the DCS AH-64D Early Access Guide or this video from Wags.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Ahhrr thanks for the reminder!  I've even done that myself 🙄

I think I was confusing it with slaving to a target coordinate sent to us from someone else. 

Have a good weekend.

'52

i7-11700F  64GB RAM  RTX3060  WIN 10Pro  HP Reverb G2  TM Cougar & Logitech X56