Sorry if you have heard this question a million times im a newbie, please help

eso762nato

I REALLY  REALLY want to get into VR but it seems everybody has a different answer to this question. Can I run VR decently in DCS with  i7-12700F, 48g DDR4, 3060ti, 2tb Predator NVME, 500g NVME? Thank you so much for your feedback, also I was looking at HP reverb V2 as other are too expensive for me if anyone has comments on that also I AM ALL EARS! ✈️💥

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, you can play in VR with your PC.

With medium settings, most eyecandy disabled and some compromises, you can.

I play with an i5 10400, a 3060ti and a Quest 2.

1 hour ago, eso762nato said:

I REALLY  REALLY want to get into VR but it seems everybody has a different answer to this question. Can I run VR decently in DCS with  i7-12700F, 48g DDR4, 3060ti, 2tb Predator NVME, 500g NVME? Thank you so much for your feedback, also I was looking at HP reverb V2 as other are too expensive for me if anyone has comments on that also I AM ALL EARS! ✈️💥

You should read this thread if you're thinking about buying a Reverb 

Shoot I was gonna buy the reverb cause i read it was a little sharper than the meta 2 but now your telling me windows wont even support it?! What the hell! Is the reverb even that much better than meta 2? What is the best bang for your buck? Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it...

even so everything else is so damn expensive unless the meta 3 is better I could probably afford that. I would love a primax or something but the headset would cost more that my computer did!

A Quest 3 should be a good choice. It has decent specs, it's not very expensive, and it's new, so you will have updates and support for a few years down the line.

Just make sure the site you buy from has a return policy if the headset doesn't meet your expectations. VR is a whole can of worms you have to experience by yourself.

Edited by diego999

On 3/6/2024 at 3:29 AM, eso762nato said:

Shoot I was gonna buy the reverb cause i read it was a little sharper than the meta 2 but now your telling me windows wont even support it?! What the hell! Is the reverb even that much better than meta 2? What is the best bang for your buck? Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it...

Quest2/3 or Pico4 is maybe a good option for entering the VR World.

-Visuals are just one point in what is a good bang for your buck. The Reverb fits much more comfortable on my Head! Quest ist very front heavy (I used both).
-My experience ist, that a native Headset has slightly better performance at the same resolution.
     -NativeVR: HP Reverb G2, Valve Index
     -StreamingVR: Quest, Pico 
-Yes the HP Reverb G2 is very sharp in center. Ultra High resolution needs a very very good GPU. I play with a rtx4080+5800X3D and she is on her limits with the HP G2 (Since "Multi Threating" its finally true playable). Motion Reprojection  is a no go for me, personal. WMR don't managed it well, to much artefacts and washed out contrast. I believe: Quest managed it better because its a video stream. Interpolation algorithm are first developed for videos) Maybe someone can say something about it. 

Edited by Ulukai

You are correct. Quest motion reprojection (with the fancy name "asynchronous space warp") is very good, or at least, much better than the other headsets. You only see bad artifacts inside the cockpit if you quickly move your head or with fast passing objects.

As you say, Quest 2 gives you the feeling of being about to fall off your head all the time. It doesn't, but is very uncomfortable. You get used to it in the long run though. Quest 3 is supposed to improve on that front, but not bymuch.

Sound is better on the G2 too.