Tachometer dial funny with UV or panel backlight

Hi, folks. Does anybody else have such funny looking engine/rotor tacho?

It looks normal when UV lights are OFF and "Panels lighting on/off" is in OFF position (the one below standby attitude indicator).

But if any of these lights are on, another scale pops up on the tacho's dial - that yellow one, displaced (rotated) in relation to the white scale.

The screenshots are from 1080p resolution (if it matters).

no_lights.PNG

with_any_lights.PNG

Edited by scoobie
  • Like 1

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

They probably just forgot to replace that texture when they reworked the cockpit. Such things happen.

Tag a developer, and it will taken on the bugs list.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Posted (edited)

Thanks, Hiob! 🙂
Tag... who should I tag? I don't know these guys, except for the Finnish (?) hero who came to fix the Gazelle, Simo Häyhä of DCS - Kink... Kinkk... the guy with the name that must be a Finnish counterpart of Polish Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz, only harder to spell 🙂

I'll try Kink then... @Kinkkujuustovoileipä Would you mind telling the texture guy to check the tacho texture issue? Looks rather bad at night. Screenshots are above.

Edited by scoobie
  • Like 1

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

7 hours ago, scoobie said:

Thanks, Hiob! 🙂
Tag... who should I tag? I don't know these guys, except for the Finnish (?) hero who came to fix the Gazelle, Simo Häyhä of DCS - Kink... Kinkk... the guy with the name that must be a Finnish counterpart of Polish Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz, only harder to spell 🙂

I'll try Kink then... @Kinkkujuustovoileipä Would you mind telling the texture guy to check the tacho texture issue? Looks rather bad at night. Screenshots are above.

You put it in the right place, that‘s the most important…. 😁

@Polychop Simulations 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Thanks! 🙂
A small update. The texture guy will certainly know how it all works, but since I'm not a texture guy, it's all magic to me.
UV/backlight are not enough for the "second texture" (that pale yellow one) to pop up. You need two things:
1. UV light and/or instrument backlight turned on.
2. Shine some external light on the instrument, maybe it has to be white light, but I'm not sure. It can be daylight or at night - the flashlight.
Yesterday I was doing a bit of night flying and to my surprise the tachometer looked good with UV. Then I "grabbed" the flashlight and was moving it around the cockpit so I could see switches etc. and no sooner had I illuminated the tacho than the "second texture" showed up.
Again, it's probably obvious for gfx artists, but I thought I should add this clarification here, just in case.