Controllers for Varjo Aero or a way to emulate?

Jyge

Every now and then I have a moment that I miss VR Controllers. Also I would like to test couple of other games in VR. So the question is, what is the easiest way to get controllers for Varjo Aero? I saw that there is some - I think Steam application - that emulates Vive controllers, but I think it may not work as, for example DCS does not start SteamVR. The software also costs about 20$ so I do not want to give away that money for nothing. It claims to be able to emulate handcontrollers with two mouse or xbox controller, so basically I might be interested, just do not know if it is of any use with Varjo

i just bought a set of controllers... 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

2 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

i just bought a set of controllers... 

Likewise, sold my G2 and bought some index controllers 🙂

Never use them for DCS though, only get turned on for HL Alyx and Into the Radius.  I have a leap motion on the aero for handtracking and use mouse cursor slaved to the headset with mouse controls bound to hotas for backup when the leap motion isn't practical.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

3 hours ago, edmuss said:

Likewise, sold my G2 and bought some index controllers 🙂

Never use them for DCS though, only get turned on for HL Alyx and Into the Radius.  I have a leap motion on the aero for handtracking and use mouse cursor slaved to the headset with mouse controls bound to hotas for backup when the leap motion isn't practical.

same as me , i do use them in the other VR "game" on steam only as well .. for mouse control i just bind a button on my Razer Tartus, that is mapped to both center the mouse on the screen and and depress the appropriate buttons if i need to hit a switch i don't have mapped .. using Hand controllers in DCS is a bit like beating your self with scorpions ... only not as fun .. 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Yeah, they're not cheap, but I figured having got the top end headset it would be silly to not spend on the controllers 🙂
As it was, my G2 sold for 250 which covered the index controllers.  It's quite possible to pick them up cheap with stick drift and I believe it's pretty simple to replace the sticks.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.