Ah-64d laser possibly bugged?

20240313_103024.jpgHello does anybody know is there is currently any bug causing the laser to not fire or if I am doing something wrong.

I have been trying for almost a week to get the laser and hellfires to work. I have read them manual and watch just about every video on YouTube trying to get this figured out.

I am in cpg seat, ihadss is boresighted (dont know if that matters or not for lasing with the hellfires) using tads on manual track, missile is was'd and armed I have used both fxd and ghs, the LRFD and missile are on the same channel and the Laser is turned on in the utility tab but when I press the LRFD second or first detent nothing happens at all no new symbology no constraints messages nothing. I have managed to get everything to work right 3 times but about 95% of the time nothing happens. I am starting to think it might be bugged as I have followed multiple tutorials on the topic step by step with no success. Any help would be much appreciated.

20240313_102839.jpg

20240313_102854.jpg

20240313_102911.jpg

Edited by Hangry Kraken

• ED Team

Hi, 

not aware of a problem, best thing to do is if you can reproduce in a short mission save the track file after you exit the mission and attach it here.

thank you 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

13 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

not aware of a problem, best thing to do is if you can reproduce in a short mission save the track file after you exit the mission and attach it here.

thank you 

Next time I get it to work I will save the track thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hangry Kraken,

odd that it has worked 3 times.  Have you tried binding the button you use, to something else, to confirm it's not a hardware issue?

I was having issues of a similar nature (not the laser) which turned out to be a intermittently faulty button on my throttle.  

Good luck

'52

i7-11700F  64GB RAM  RTX3060  WIN 10Pro  HP Reverb G2  TM Cougar & Logitech X56