Joystick for small hands. Virpil Alpha with ext or VKB MCG with ext?

AngleOff66

Yes I did a quick search.

I am looking into better joysticks.  Edit: I cant be this bad a pilot, it must be the stick. J/K

Hand size is

Width 4" or 101mm

Length 7.25" or 184.15mm

I've read a few posts on various sites and keep reading the Alpha is for medium large and the MCG is slightly better for small hands. The logitec 3d and T16000 both fit my hand if this helps.

Anyone out there with hands roughly the size of mine have either of these sticks?  I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by AngleOff66

• AngleOff66 changed the title to Joystick for small hands. Virpil Alpha with ext or VKB MCG with ext?

That doesn't look like small hands

Mine:

Width 105mm

Length 180mm

Length of index finger 75mm

Maximum stretch between thumb and pinky 200mm / Thumb and index 150mm / Index and pinky 165mm

(Left hand has more stretch, since I played guitar for quite a few years)

Got the Virpil CM1, and it being a long stick, I have to reach somewhat for pinky- and upper switches, but nothing where the size of my hand is in any way a handicap

Edited by Nightdare
  • Like 1
  • Intel I5 13600k / AsRock Z790 Steel Legend / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb / Kingston Fury DDR5 5600 64Gb / Adata 960 Max / HP Reverb G2 v2
  • Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick, T50 Throttle,  ACE Interceptor Rudder Pedals / WinWing Orion2  18, 18 UFC&HUD / Thrustmaster MFD Cougar / Logitech Flight Panel / VKB SEM V  / DIY Button Box

image.png

Posted (edited)

Thanks for that.

I just had a thought that it should be easier for us to determine if these sticks will work for us.

I know we dont all have the same size hands, but there must be minimum hand sizes that the designers know will and wont work.

Test the sticks on the factory office people and make  a size database.  Not that hard.

Edited by AngleOff66

I've seen videos of little kids shredding on adult guitars far better than I can achieve, small ladies climbing on full size Adventure and MX bikes and ride beyond my capabilities, people making the tiniest origami creations

And there seem to be quite a few DCS players with actual handicaps to their extremities that can fly much better than I can

Which leads me to conclude that I really don't think a flight stick being a bit larger (or smaller) than the average hand is such an insurmountable issue

• Like 1
  • Intel I5 13600k / AsRock Z790 Steel Legend / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb / Kingston Fury DDR5 5600 64Gb / Adata 960 Max / HP Reverb G2 v2
  • Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick, T50 Throttle,  ACE Interceptor Rudder Pedals / WinWing Orion2  18, 18 UFC&HUD / Thrustmaster MFD Cougar / Logitech Flight Panel / VKB SEM V  / DIY Button Box

image.png