Red talon part 2 Problem CBU105 and wind...

Go to solution Solved by TCKnight,

Here we go again. So mission 9 part 2 is over.Score 100, but with Saint m61.

I have a problem with the cbu105. Try with tgp, pre mode, vis mode, they always go off target by a few miles. I thought it was a wind problem, which on missions is also 28 knots, but they are GPS... I have tried other missions in DCS with these weapons and they always hit the target. Is this a part 2 sync issue?? This involves using jdam alone. I noticed that even the targets in ag when engaged with the cannon only moved slightly. I had to end the mission with the cannon. I sweated ahhahaha

sorry for the screen orientation...vr....ahahah

Screen_240316_191347.jpg

Edited by TCKnight

The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed in war.

www.69squadrone.it

[url="https://www.facebook.com/operationadriaticsea1[/url]

S.O: Win7 64bit,MB: ASUS Formula IV ,CPU: AMD 965BE 3.4 @ 4.0 + Corsair Hidro H70 ,GPU: sli 2xGainward 570GTX "Golden Sample" HTC, HD: Raptor 10.000 rpm 500gb,RAM: DDR3 Corsair Extreme 1800Mhz 12gb ,Accessories:TrackIR4 6DOF, Hotas Cougar mod cubby, pro pedals, mfd pack + samsung led 8".

Hotas Warthog serial 05629.

3 hours ago, TCKnight said:

Here we go again. So mission 9 part 2 is over.Score 100, but with Saint m61.

I have a problem with the cbu105. Try with tgp, pre mode, vis mode, they always go off target by a few miles. I thought it was a wind problem, which on missions is also 28 knots, but they are GPS... I have tried other missions in DCS with these weapons and they always hit the target. Is this a part 2 sync issue?? This involves using jdam alone. I noticed that even the targets in ag when engaged with the cannon only moved slightly. I had to end the mission with the cannon. I sweated ahhahaha

sorry for the screen orientation...vr....ahahah

Screen_240316_191347.jpg

Can't imagine it's a mission specific issue, the weapon is the weapon, mission won't change that.  Pretty sure it will be the wind, the 105 isn't GPS guided, it's INS guided for wind correction...so won't be perfect accuracy.  IIRC cross winds have given me issues in the past so think about how/when you drop it.

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Sorry, but the CBU 105s also work with GPS and ins... in particular the 105s have the WCMD... Wind trim corrector. It is also present in the bomb configuration on the MFD. A wind correction is already set on DCS. I'll leave you a wiki page. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_Corrected_Munitions_Dispenser

That said, maybe the 105s aren't the best weapons for this mission? If the wind actually affects its performance too much, isn't it better to use other weapons?.
N.B. It's not a polemical post, but it's just to have maximum realism. Also in the Mission Briefing... "Popeye had a weather briefing prepared for us. During the evening the winds have begun to pickup, which has had the benefit of helping clear the majority of the clouds out"

ok...i find the solution... The problem is the bombs attached to the paracute after the cluster was opened. Setting a BA 1000, the wind is too strong and moves the charges. I set the BA to 400...target hit.

Edited by TCKnight
  • Thanks 1

The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed in war.

www.69squadrone.it

[url="https://www.facebook.com/operationadriaticsea1[/url]

S.O: Win7 64bit,MB: ASUS Formula IV ,CPU: AMD 965BE 3.4 @ 4.0 + Corsair Hidro H70 ,GPU: sli 2xGainward 570GTX "Golden Sample" HTC, HD: Raptor 10.000 rpm 500gb,RAM: DDR3 Corsair Extreme 1800Mhz 12gb ,Accessories:TrackIR4 6DOF, Hotas Cougar mod cubby, pro pedals, mfd pack + samsung led 8".

Hotas Warthog serial 05629.

• TCKnight changed the title to Red talon part 2 Problem CBU105 and wind...