Tomcat is much harder to do aerial refueling than hornet

Ddg1500

Tomcat is difficult to refuel in midair but not impossible, I’d got reasonably good with her, but left the module for sometime certainly hadn’t tried refuelling for probably over a year, really started getting back into the Tomcat this last month and I tried refuelling again and I was awful, in fact I couldn’t do it at night with NVGs and tanker was in an orbit pattern. I gave up, and I decided to practice with no winds and tanker flying in a straight line and I’ve managed to do it again, I’ve  starting to get proficient again with it, it does require constant throttle adjustment once plugged in. With the S3 you seem to be so close to the back of the tanker it requires immense concentration, but it’s doable. My next task is to get good at night and in a turn. 
Someone has mentioned about VR. I use VR I find yes it’s good for perception, I also have a long extension on my TM warthog. This does really help with precision as well. 

Edited by westr
  • Like 1

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

It's probably too easy in all navy planes in DCS, as the basket has no physics, and goes out of its way to plug in for you if you hit the probe anywhere inside. I would like to see realistic basket physics one day.

• Like 7