Newbie making mission, help appreciated - mission for helicopter with a few objectives.

ok so looks like disperse worked.. may have lost one or two but at least they all dont go running off building.. i just set disperse for 1 sec.

so i am left with two issues here so far with the current objective.

1) on my miz file, the unit ground 54 AAA, has two explosions triggers. i like to know if possible to have the second trigger activate at a decided time after the first trigger ocurred?

2) im having problem with flare module. i set up 4 separate triggers each of which have its own flare module. my problem is when i trip the last one, no matter in what order, tripping the last flare trigger initiates flare launches for all the other triggers.. when 51 is destroed, flare 51 launches. later 52 is destroyed, flare 52 launch. for some reason, when the last unit, AAA 54 is destroyed, then flare 51, 52, 53 and 54 flare launches..

uploaded my miz..

000 DML Test_D B.miz

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

29 minutes ago, hannibal said:

i set up 4 separate triggers each of which have its own flare module. my problem is when i trip the last one, no matter in what order, tripping the last flare trigger initiates flare launches for all the other triggers.. when 51 is destroed, flare 51 launches. later 52 is destroyed, flare 52 launch. for some reason, when the last unit, AAA 54 is destroyed, then flare 51, 52, 53 and 54 flare launches..

Silly question: why are you linking some of the the trigger zones (the trackers) to units? I'm still analyzing what's happening (probably dual firing of triggers: once when you trip the trigger via radio, once when the unit dies due to the fireworks in their vicinity), but that one has me stumped. Is this accidental or intentional?

image.png

Ah. I found the issue. Here's something that you probably missed when you read grouptracker's description:

addToTracker:

List of groupTracker zones. All groups that have at least one unit inside this zone are added to these groupTrackers. ...

Now, your Zoos are all part of the same group "Ground-5". Hence all trackers track Group 5, because they each have one unit of that group inside their zone. And this is what happens (I imagine, it's what happened to me)

• When you trigger the menu items one by one, you trigger an explosion, and you trigger the flare. The explosion will kill the zoo.
  • Since all zoos are part of Group-5, that group is still alive until the last Zoo goes. None of the trackers fires until that time
  • When you fire the last by menu, the explosion kills the last remaining Zoo. Once second later, all trackers find that the group that they are tracking is dead, and each fire their triggers, which will set off explosions and flares at each zone once more.

So, how do you resolve this? Make each Zoo part of its own group. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cfrag said:

Ah. I found the issue. Here's something that you probably missed when you read grouptracker's description:

addToTracker:

List of groupTracker zones. All groups that have at least one unit inside this zone are added to these groupTrackers. ...

Now, your Zoos are all part of the same group "Ground-5". Hence all trackers track Group 5, because they each have one unit of that group inside their zone. And this is what happens (I imagine, it's what happened to me)

• When you trigger the menu items one by one, you trigger an explosion, and you trigger the flare. The explosion will kill the zoo.
  • Since all zoos are part of Group-5, that group is still alive until the last Zoo goes. None of the trackers fires until that time
  • When you fire the last by menu, the explosion kills the last remaining Zoo. Once second later, all trackers find that the group that they are tracking is dead, and each fire their triggers, which will set off explosions and flares at each zone once more.

So, how do you resolve this? Make each Zoo part of its own group. 

thank youuuu

ok, i was able to solve the last flare launch problem by making individual units, and not one singular spread out unit..

so left is the second question...  can i set a time in between triggers that use the same attribute? in the include file, the attribute is "91done"  i like to make flareB & explodeB come 30 seconds after flareA & explodeA

000 DML Test_D C.miz

also. even though i placed troops near explosion.. it is up to the player to either shoot at infantry first, or get a lucky shot to kill the AA emplacement and get a nice splash kill. it is up to the skill of doorgunner.

Edited by hannibal

5 minutes ago, hannibal said:

can i set a time in between triggers that use the same attribute? in the include file, the attribute is "91done"  i like to make flareB & explodeB come 30 seconds after flareA & explodeA

What you can do is use the "delayFlag" module. Feed "flagA" into fireworks A (to start it) and into delayFlag. Set the delay to 30 seconds, and feed the delay's output to a new "flagAA" that you feed into fireworks AA. Now, fireworks AA will trigger 30 seconds after fireworks A. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cfrag said:

What you can do is use the "delayFlag" module. Feed "flagA" into fireworks A (to start it) and into delayFlag. Set the delay to 30 seconds, and feed the delay's output to a new "flagAA" that you feed into fireworks AA. Now, fireworks AA will trigger 30 seconds after fireworks A. 

working well.. all your suggestions working nicely.. 

i did a test with another player. everything working so far.. didnt manage to get all the infantry.. one gun ship against all was brutal lol

and it didnt help that troops dispersed off the building.. i have to work on that. 

flare and explosions, very cool...

i hope to proceed to build next objective once i can figure how to get the troops to stay on the roof tops. but AA working nicely

i was amazed that that the zu23 sounds like a zu23, barrattt barrattt barrattt sound effects..