George-as-CP/G - laser Hellfires in LOAL HI/LO trajectory

Smashy
Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

I'm having problems getting George to launch a Hellfire in LOAL HI/LO.  I'm guessing it's because I can't get him to switch his acquisition source to a point from the nav database so the target is always out of constraints.  Is this just the way it is?

It's not a huge deal but just something I'm curious about after fiddling around with it a bit this afternoon.

He should lase during the last few seconds before impact. When I last used him this way, I had him acquire the target before doing anything else. I'll have to (painfully) test again to see if he still works that way.

Did I mention how painful I find George to use?

• ED Team
  • Solution
3 hours ago, Smashy said:

I'm guessing it's because I can't get him to switch his acquisition source to a point from the nav database so the target is always out of constraints.

LOAL LO and HI trajectories really mostly applicable to "Remote" engagements in which another platform is lasing the target instead of the launching aircraft. When self-lasing in LOAL, DIR trajectory is sufficient.

On that note, George currently does not have the ability to select a point in the database to cue the constraints box for a LOAL shot using LO or HI. Since DIR is sufficient for a self-lasing LOAL shot, I recommend just using DIR for the time being.

However, if you do intend to fire on a target using LO or HI while someone else is lasing, you can do this all from the Pilot seat yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

5 hours ago, NeedzWD40 said:

He should lase during the last few seconds before impact. When I last used him this way, I had him acquire the target before doing anything else. I'll have to (painfully) test again to see if he still works that way.

Did I mention how painful I find George to use?

I'm just starting up with the Apache and if I have to be honest, George as pilot or CP/G isn't terrible.  The interface is clean and concise and does about 80% of what I need.  He obviously isn't as good as a good human crewmate but he is probably better than a lot of randos you'd find on some of the busier MP servers.