Sortie 1 - instantly killed

Hi, I'm new to the Spit but after much training I can taxi, takeoff, land and do formation flying. I've flown the first sortie three times, each time being shot to pieces by the FW's within 1 minute of merging. I'm flying close to my lead, as I'm supposed to protect him, but obviously I need some protection. Any tips how to survive?

2 hours ago, sepruda said:

Hi, I'm new to the Spit but after much training I can taxi, takeoff, land and do formation flying. I've flown the first sortie three times, each time being shot to pieces by the FW's within 1 minute of merging. I'm flying close to my lead, as I'm supposed to protect him, but obviously I need some protection. Any tips how to survive?

The AI is not capable of coordination or communication, so don't try to hang on to the lead at all costs. He's doing his thing, you do yours. There is obviously some chance involved in large air battles, but the Spit is a superior turn fighter compared to the FW, so just turn hard if they're on you, and you should be ok most of the time. And don't be afraid to push to emergency power (3000 RPM / 18 psi).

• Like 1