Cold start after a complete shutdown?

EmJay22

Using the "auto shutdown" mode (yes.... I know it's "cheating" to not do it myself) and then left the SIM running over night. When I came back after several hours, I started  the "auto start" ... and it got to some point and didn't start. I contacted The Ground crew and had them hookup external electric power as well as "air"... but no change. 

Hmmm maybe it was because I wasn't parked at the correct spot at Senaki-Kolkhi? Next to the Tesla charger?

• ED Team

Hi, 

sounds odd, did you have fuel / power? 

If you can reproduce in a short track replay example please attach it so we can take a look. 

thank you 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

17 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

sounds odd, did you have fuel / power? 

If you can reproduce in a short track replay example please attach it so we can take a look. 

thank you 

I do know that there was plenty of fuel.  As far as power goes, just what is the procedure to ensure a restart later if the plane is going to be sitting for several hours?  Park next to one of those generators and ask the ground crew to connect to power? 

The one video I watched by ED (chapter 18 or something on shutdown) the plane was just parked by nothing. 

I certainly don't consider that this is a bug but more a curiosity.  Posting an 8 hr track (which is how long I left the shut down plane before) probably won't accomplish anything, especially if if I should have connected to external power first.

Thanks

• ED Team

yes that track would be to long, if you do get it with a shorter track or can reproduce in single player we will be happy to investigate it. 

thank you 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2