Rocket Sound Missing ( Wind sound / self sound )

Gadnuk
Go to solution Solved by Gadnuk,

Air to ground ROCKETS do not have their own sound anymore, if you place the camera behind the rocket, or let them fly by, there is no audible sound. 

A/G Missiles  and Air-to-air missile work fine, but  any  simple  "dumb"-rockets  don't.

I am pretty sure it used to work about 2 years ago, but at some point it was missing.
I had mentioned this in the discord bug reports, also in the weapons-bug forum but it did not get through it seems,  some people told me it was the supersonic issue with the camera in front of the missile , but i am aware of this.

Attached is a track where i first shoot Air-to-air missile, then an AG missile (sound works fine for these) , and then lastly  Rockets  , where their  sound is missing. 
also, if you listen closely in f2-view, the sounds of the rockets seem to be "slaved" to the aircraft, so you hear the wind-sounds of the rockets  in f2-view of you aircraft.

(the explosion sound works, it is the in-flight sound i am talking about.)

rocket sound missing.trk

• Solution
44 minutes ago, Johnny Dioxin said:

I don't doubt you are correct, but my question is "does it really matter that much?"

I think to some it may, e.g. it adds a great sense of immersion if you have a camera set up and have unguided rockets fly over your head and a few hunderd meters further they impact, cant just be me 🙂  
But maybe it is an easy fix, i hope so at least.

• 2 weeks later...