radioId = 'airfield21_0';

role = {"ground", "tower", "approach"};

callsign = {{["common"] = {_("Jask"), "Jask"}}};

frequency = {};

sceneObjects = {'t:82673668'};

};

However in the M.E. window you see this:

image.png

Where is that data coming from if not from the radio.lua for the terrain pack?!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Minsky said:

Frequencies not declared in LUA are automatically assigned by DCS based on a few simple rules.

All the other airfields in radio.lua have frequencies listed and AFAIK they work correctly. 

@Exorcet Said that those hard baked into the M.E. are wrong. So how come you're now saying that the radio.lua is unreliable?!

What is this insanity of an architecture doing? If the whole point of radio.lua and beacon.lua are to hold the data about the radio freqs and beacon data on the map, then why the heck is the game engine creating stuff on the fly?! And if it's creating stuff on the fly, how do you get at it from the scripting engine?!

Then as Exorcet said, there are *incorrect* freqs hard baked into the M.E.

That's THREE places and none are fully accurate or complete.

I know the engine is decades old, but surely there are engineering and tech leads to un-spaghettify this mess? 

How are we, scripters and mission designers, supposed to get the accurate and correct data for every airfield/farp/base/carrier if none of the 3 systems are complete and correct?!

Edited by Elphaba

55 minutes ago, Elphaba said:

So how come you're now saying that the radio.lua is unreliable?!

Radio.lua is reliable, just not comprehensive.

2 hours ago, Elphaba said:

If the whole point of radio.lua and beacon.lua are to hold the data about the radio freqs and beacon data on the map, then why the heck is the game engine creating stuff on the fly?!

Beacon.lua is fine. It's the radio.lua that's always incomplete.

2 hours ago, Elphaba said:

How are we, scripters and mission designers, supposed to get the accurate and correct data for every airfield/farp/base/carrier if none of the 3 systems are complete and correct?!

Frequencies you see in the ME should always work. When they don't it's usually due to some unrelated DCS bug.

Not sure if it's possible to obtain the frequencies via scripting, I never tried.

Dima | My DCS uploads

1 hour ago, Elphaba said:

What are the rules?

Only ED and their partners know for certain.

To my understanding, the game first goes through the lua file and reserves all frequencies found there.

Then it sorts all airfields based on their internal IDs and goes through this list, incrementally assigning frequencies left available.

• Like 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

2 hours ago, Minsky said:

Only ED and their partners know for certain.

To my understanding, the game first goes through the lua file and reserves all frequencies found there.

Then it sorts all airfields based on their internal IDs and goes through this list, incrementally assigning frequencies left available.

/FACEPALM

Why do all this over-complicated obfuscated bull crap?! It's insane. 

• Like 1