M2000 automatically shuts down during taxi

skimbo

Hi guys

Recently got the Mirage 2000 but having a weird issue. Start up and everything fine, all warning lights extinguished and appears good to go.

Start to taxi out.

About 20 seconds after rolling, parking brake automagically turns itself on, HUD turns off and radar and throttle locks itself and becomes unresponsive / immovable.

When it starts all these weird shenanigins I get messages in the top right of screen telling me parking brake applied, Hud off, move throttle to idle etc. however throttle refuses to work even when pressing the detent button in the cockpit.

I've also had a similar issue where I've got the plane airborne then the throttle just refuses to work and is engaged in afterburner.

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks!

Hi Razor

Thanks for your reply, but I've already done that.

The messages appearing top right are like the training mission messages that appear when doing the training/tutorial. The scripted nature of the tutorial closes stuff down to ensure everything is shut down to make sure you're doing things correctly.

However I'm not in a tutorial, just doing a cold start from a runway in the Caucasus to practice startup and flying.

8 minutes ago, skimbo said:

Hi Razor

Thanks for your reply, but I've already done that.

The messages appearing top right are like the training mission messages that appear when doing the training/tutorial. The scripted nature of the tutorial closes stuff down to ensure everything is shut down to make sure you're doing things correctly.

However I'm not in a tutorial, just doing a cold start from a runway in the Caucasus to practice startup and flying.

The auto shutdown is not starting on it's own. Are you 100% sure you checked all bindings? 

I've just started the second M2000 tutorial (INS tutorial, where you start with a hot aircraft) and as the guy is talking, the plane just started randomly shutting itself down again.

.trk files are what are created from replays, am I correct?

I will try and do one of me doing a cold start and also a track file from the tutorial so you can see the ghost lurking in my aircraft turning all my stuff off!

Thanks chaps.

Hi Razor

I've searched for 'Auto' under auto in the key bindings - unless it has another name?

Just relooked through the bindngs - and found a start and a stop procedure mapped to a button that doesn't exist on my HOTAS.

Going to try again and see if that's what it was.

Think that's it!

Start procedure and a stop procedure was what it seems to be, will double check again, but think that's it.

Hopefully this post might help someone else.