Mission 10 question (spoilers inside)

Hi Chris,

I just got back into FIWOS to finally finish the campaign (took a break after mission 9).

I'll put the question in spoiler tags, as it's related to the plot:

Spoiler

After I killed the SA-3 with a pair of CBU's, I get tasked to take out the SA-6. As it keeps shutting down on Bug, I also drop the last pair of CBU's, and I hear "that SA-6 is dead" (or something similar) over the radio. Shortly before Pesky starts the run-in, the 6 pops up again. So I didn't kill it completely, despite what Bug said? Bug takes it out with his last remaining HARM, so mission progresses, and Pesky can do their thing and egress unharmed.

I just wonder if the mission would play out slightly differently if I manage to completely annihilate the SA-6 site (kill all TEL's)?

28 minutes ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

Hi Chris,

I just got back into FIWOS to finally finish the campaign (took a break after mission 9).

I'll put the question in spoiler tags, as it's related to the plot:

Hide contents

After I killed the SA-3 with a pair of CBU's, I get tasked to take out the SA-6. As it keeps shutting down on Bug, I also drop the last pair of CBU's, and I hear "that SA-6 is dead" (or something similar) over the radio. Shortly before Pesky starts the run-in, the 6 pops up again. So I didn't kill it completely, despite what Bug said? Bug takes it out with his last remaining HARM, so mission progresses, and Pesky can do their thing and egress unharmed.

I just wonder if the mission would play out slightly differently if I manage to completely annihilate the SA-6 site (kill all TEL's)?

Hey man welcome back, I'll double check the triggers to make sure I haven't left any errors in there but shouldn't be possible to happen, thought I'd safeguarded against that but like I said I'll make sure.

Only need to kill the radar, you can leave the TELs, from what you've described sounds more like an error my end.  When the SA6 came back up did you see any RWR indications from the site?

Posted (edited)
vor 18 Minuten schrieb ChillNG:

Hey man welcome back, I'll double check the triggers to make sure I haven't left any errors in there but shouldn't be possible to happen, thought I'd safeguarded against that but like I said I'll make sure.

Only need to kill the radar, you can leave the TELs, from what you've described sounds more like an error my end.  When the SA6 came back up did you see any RWR indications from the site?

Honestly, I can't remember. The RWR was pretty much cluttered at that point. If it was up, it wasn't locking me, though.

IIRC, I did see a "6" on the HAD, because I was contemplating strafing it, in case Bug's HARM would miss (of course I forgot to set a mark point previously; I became rather rusty in the Viper 🤦‍♂️). I also forgot to check in the debriefing afterwards whether my CBU's  killed the SA-6 radar or not. I never thought about it, since I heard the "kill message", and I saw from rising smoke that I definitely did kill multiple "somethings" on that SA-6 site. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Jayhawk1971

42 minutes ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

Honestly, I can't remember. The RWR was pretty much cluttered at that point. If it was up, it wasn't locking me, though.

IIRC, I did see a "6" on the HAD, because I was contemplating strafing it, in case Bug's HARM would miss (of course I forgot to set a mark point previously; I became rather rusty in the Viper 🤦‍♂️). I also forgot to check in the debriefing afterwards whether my CBU's  killed the SA-6 radar or not. I never thought about it, since I heard the "kill message", and I saw from rising smoke that I definitely did kill multiple "somethings" on that SA-6 site. 🤷‍♂️

Ok thanks, I'll make some checks.